This is the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at (and the price reflected that, but it was still much less than nearby high-end hotels). We stayed here one night after spending the week in Fajardo at the El Conquistador because we wanted to visit Old San Juan and have a quick drive to the airport the following morning. The complimentary cocktails and snacks by the pool from 5-7 p.m. were a nice way to relax after a day in Old San Juan. The chips and queso were the type you'd get at a sporting event...orange cheese literally squeezed from a plastic bag into the dispenser, but we were fine with that. The rum punch was good, and the vodka and cranberry was potent...not shy with the alcohol! You will note on your bill that a surcharge is tacked on to the room price (ours was $29 for one night) which covers the happy hour, pool towels, all-day tea, cookies, breakfast, etc., so these things are really not free. But we enjoyed the amenities, regardless.
We had a room overlooking the pool with two double beds (wish they had been queens) but they were very comfy, and the room was elegant with dark wood, large flat-screen TV, nice bathroom, etc. I heard a woman and child talking loudly en route to the elevators at 5:30 a.m., but other than that, the room was pretty quiet. The parking was $10/day with in and out privileges, and the hotel location was good. My teenagers enjoyed walking across the street and down a short block to the casino in the El San Juan hotel since they had never been in a large casino before. We did not use the beach, but it is across the street from the hotel with access walkways nearby.
The breakfast was pretty good with the usual yogurt, fruit, pastries, bagels, juice, coffee, make-your-own waffles, a pot of oatmeal, and sliced kielbasa-type sausage (no eggs). It was crowded but we found a place for four to sit together.
Check in and check out were easy, and they had a room ready for us several hours before the official check-in time which was nice. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Isla Verde area, the Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan hotel is perfect for business and leisure travelers with a swim-up Cabana Pool Bar & Grill, weekday evening reception, free WiFi and free breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites San Juan
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Hampton Inn Carolina
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde
- Hampton Inn San Juan
- Carolina Hampton Inn