We stayed a week at the Intercontinental hotel in San Juan and had an amazing trip. Hotel was clean, had a lot to offer, and is in a good location to the tourist night life. It also was on the beach as well as had a very beautiful pool. While we loved our stay, we did encounter a couple of things. The courtyard area by the pool was under construction and created a slight hassle, as well as one day the power went out and the elevators stopped functioning. They had back-up generators, however again it was a slight hassle, None of which will prevent me from coming back. The rooms are a bit smaller than you think from the pictures, but if you're doing vacation right, you shouldn't be in the room too much! The amenities in the hotel are high priced as well including the dining, but dang! That food was delicious!
I have to say the best part of our stay was the concierge Nestor. We came with ideas of what we wanted to do, however nothing set in stone. Nestor helped us plan our whole week and helped keep it at an affordable rate. If staying at the Intercontinental, I highly suggest paying him a visit to help you decide what you want to do during your stay. But be sure to leave him a well-deserved tip!
Overall, it was a wonderful stay and I suggest it to anyone who can afford it! Isla Verde is definitely a tourist location, but a wonderful place to spend a relaxing vacation.
-Joshua and Sehler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place - immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde