We recently stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in San Juan. I am having difficulty rating this hotel.I have to rate different aspects of this hotel separately. I give the room, sleep comfort and cleanliness 4 stars. The bathroom is old and completely outdated with a single small wash basin, old tub, old toilet bowl and an ugly shower curtain getting only 1 star. There was black mold around the shower.
The common areas get 4 stars and the bathrooms in the common areas get 5 stars. The garden, pools and the beach are great. The staff with the exception of the young lady who checked us in on the first day who seemed to be mad at the world were great and clearly deserve a 5 star and probably better rating. Breakfast at the hotel was expensive but there are plenty of restaurants close to the hotel one can go to eat. The rug on the stairs leading the lobby to the lower lobby is very worn and is splitting in certain areas. It could potentially be a falling hazard. I give this hotel a four star rating. It could become a 5 star rated hotel with some renovation. The elevators are in need of modernization. They are very slow and one of the three was being repaired during the time we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place - immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG and Booking.com so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde