Dear Travelers, Pls. don't make your decisions based on the pictures the hotel has posted on various travel portals. Pls. find below the genuine report of the hotel (resort)
Firstly this hotel was built back in the 1960s and according to me the only renovation the hotel has done over the years has been the paint job. The bathroom doors are a mess, I changed three rooms and locks of all the bathrooms were broken.
Secondly in the pictures, the swimming pools looks big but in reality does not even qualify to be a resort's pool.
Thirdly the resort charges approximately $27 per day for parking your car which according to me is a rip of.
Fourthly I have had buffet breakfast in about 80 different resorts and hotels in the last 15 years, this one is the worst, both in terms of variety and preparation.
Lastly no water sports or any kind of beach activity is provided by the resort, the only activity I could see was 0 star restaurant with bad preparation, which has been leased out.
Not all is bad, on my showing disapproval of the hotel, the manager was kind enough to upgrade me to a suite and staff is full of enthusiasm and energy and always ready to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place - immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- InterContinental San Juan Puerto Rico/Isla Verde