“I recommend the hotel 100%”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Every room is a suite, equipped with 2 plasmas, microwave, refrigerator, coffe maker, desk, free wifi. Extremely clean.

They offer complimentary HOT breakfast with multiple choices like omelets, fried eggs, pancakes, fruits, oatmeal, cereals, juices, coffe, etc. Also, every evening, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM they have a Happy Hour with FREE beverages (including alcoholic) for all the guests.

The pool is nice and the casino too. The hotel is located near to multiple soteres and restaurants in the middle of a touristic zone. The beach is across the street and the hotel has personnel at the beach, with towels and chairs, at no extra cost.

Room Tip: I prefer the view to the Isla Verde Avenue.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Hello ruthcaliz:

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay so much, please come back soon!

Sincerely
Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino, PR

Write a ReviewReviews (2,601)

Reviewed 13 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at Embassy Suites for five nights. Located less than 10 minutes from the airport. Nice, clean rooms. Free hot breakfast daily. Courteous, helpful and professional staff. Beautiful pool. Free wi-fi. Great concierge service. Never a wait for a taxi. Easy access by cab or bus to Old San Juan, rain forest and other attractions. Located about 2 blocks from the beach but that was not a problem because the hotel maintains a beach concession that provides free lounge chairs, umbrellas and beach towels for guests. Beach attendant sets everything up for you. Great bars on the beach. Easy walking distance to stores, restaurants. Casino employed professional, fair gaming. Great experience. We would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amaboskcus

Dear Amaboskcus:

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us! We are happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and our guest services, we are very proud of our team. You also mentioned that you enjoyed our casino, we recently renovated it, stay with us again to see how beautiful it looks!

Thank you!

Reviewed 7 May 2011

I picked this hotel to minimize the expense and inconvenience of obtaining breakfast and other meals. The hotel is beautiful and well-designed. Our second floor room was convenient for excursions and daily amenities. We hardly saw other guests except when the breakfast buffet and free drinks were offered.
We've traveled other Caribbean locations and were impressed with most of the staff. It does seem to be a PR mentality that if you're first to a certain amenity, you don't share, but park there. We saw several families in the hot tub for the whole day, including a baby in diapers.
It is a quick walk to a full-service grocery store behind the hotel.
I would suggest to the management to keep the organizer at the breakfast and management meeting on site, it gets very backed up and the cooks cannot keep up. Other than that advise, the buffet was one of the most varied and tasty for the amount of daily crowds. My husband tipped often, and that may have increased the cooperation.
The mattresses were a bit too soft.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank adventureon

Dear adventureon:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with our team. I apologize for the inconvenience during the breakfast.

Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay!

Sincrely,

Reviewed 5 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy Suites for one night prior to embarkation on a cruise, leaving from San Juan. We have stayed at Embassy Suites previously, and we enjoyed them.

Let's start with the good - the pool area was nice and while next to a busy highway & airport it was fairly quiet and a nice area. The manager's happy hour was crowded, but the line moved quickly. The staff was very nice and gladly provided you with free beverages. The casino was nice, and the live band was fun entertainment. While the hotel lobby is a busy place, the rooms were quiet.

Now the not so good. The aquariums in the lobby were so dirty you couldn't see the fish - that should have told us something. The in room safe did not have a key, and I questioned the front desk I was told that they didn't have any other key. I asked for a room with a functioning safe and was told that none were available. The room was not clean - dirty bathroom and AC vent covered in mold. The TV in the living room did not work right. We sat in the Outback for 20 minutes without anyone taking our beverage order, and we walked out.

We walked to the beach, and we quickly learned that were not in a great part of town. The beach was pretty, and while terribly crowded the afternoon of our arrival, we walked the beach the AM of our departure and it was quite nice.

I would not recommend this hotel to others. While the price was right, sometimes you get what you pay for. I will stay at another Embassy Suites but not this one.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emrogerspa

Dear emrogerspa:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the condition of the suite was not quite what you expected. I shared your comments with our Housekeeping Director. Also, we were in the process of changing the aquariums in the lobby around the time you stayed with us, we had to follow a procedure to be able to install the new ones and to make sure we had the appropriate water conditions for the new fishes.

Thank you for your great comments about our team at the Manager's Reception, the Casino and the pool.

I hope you visit us soon and give us the opportunity to win you back!

Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino

Reviewed 1 May 2011

My visit to the hotel was on April 23 to 25. The hotel is excellent in quality, food and recreation, but in service are the worst for the Puerto Rican. My inedible arises since my son mislaid the phone in the Game Room as a teenager stole it and I notify the front desk to Mr. Freddy Gonzalez and he did NOTHING to help us.

Room Tip: Pool view
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites after out wonderful cruise on Carnival Victory. The Embassy was a great deal. We got there early Sunday morning since we had to get off our ship and they kept our luggage and told us to have breakfast and enjoy the pool and the beach. We walked to the beach were they provide us with chairs and a umbrella. We also enjoyed the pool until our room was ready. We were treated with warm and pleasant staff who work very hard at making your stay enjoyable. The breakfast is great and they also have happy hour (which is really 2 hours). The rum punch is sooo good. We loved the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hoagiemom
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The hotel was beautiful and a block off the best beach we visited in Puerto Rico. It was walking distance from tons of restaurants, shops, bars, and Walgreen's. My family felt very comfortable in the area.The food at Outback was delicious and the staff were extremely helpful during our stay. It was after hours and the tour concierge was closed, but the front desk staff at the hotel still helped us book a snorkeling tour. The pool was very relaxing as well. The only thing I have to complain about was the follow up after we left. We got home missing a couple of small souvenirs and called a few times to see if maybe we left them in the room. The young lady we spoke with could never find the housekeeping manager and did not return any phone calls. A return phone call and our experience would have been perfect. I gave them five stars anyway. We would definitely stay there again and I'm not knocking the entire stay for one person.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
#9 of 13 in Isla Verde
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!