“Great Business Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Free WiFi and Breakfast included, what a delight. Great location near the airport.

Room Tip: Make reservations directly on their site, if you are a member of HHonors, contact the front desk ahe...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2011

My husband stayed here just one night (pre-cruise) but we decided that night that if we were to ever to vacation in San Juan this would be the place to stay the hotel lobby was beautiful, from the pond with live fish swimming in it to the charming poolside view it was just nice. We got there early due to flight arrival time and the hotel staff was very courteous. When we checked in we were very pleased with our room. The resturant availabilty in the hotel and surrounding the hotel was abundant. I even found a boutique to shop at. Overall it was a 5 star experience for us.We recommend this hotel highly!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We spent a week here In August. Our first trip was about five years ago.The area is safe and we feel comfortable walking around, eating in local restaurants, and taking the public bus into Old San Juan, We also like the facilities in the hotel: nice pool, small casino, two restaurants. The El Patio restaurant is a new addition since our last trip, and I loved the sangria so much I opted to buy it instead of taking advantage of the free drinks at the Manager's Reception. A few minor issues: the lines for the breakfast and nightly manager's reception were very, very long. For those guests who are Hilton Honors Gold (as we are) there was an express line. Also, the rooms were fairly well cleaned, definitely no bedbugs, but not superlative and could use updating. Overall, we liked it a lot and will return again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheila5199
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Stayed at the hotel October 6 - October 11 2011. Room 706 After the second day several of us noticed we ALL had red, itch bumps. Never having come in contact with anything like that in our life, wasnt sure what was going on. By the third day they because worse and we decided to talk to the front desk manager Irene about it and was told they didnt have and never have had bedbugs?? The next day when we noticed blood i demanded to talk to the hotel manager Olivier Maumaire, After showing him only my bites he was concerned enough and sent a Dr to our room to check out my family. Dr Rodriguez examined my family,bite marks all over our bodies he diagnosed & treated us for bedbug bites, prescribing us 2 creams that cost a total of $113, paid for by the hotel.
We should have known something was up when they sent the House cleaning manager Elena Jimenez to remove the bedding before we even had time to pack.
As a result of our stay, we had to seek medical attention when we returned home, had all of our cloths dry cleaned and throw away 5 pieces of luggage, because it could not cleaned. We didnt want there bugs brought into our home.
While at the hotel, they assumed responsibility, once we returned back home, They have treated us as if we brought it upon our selfs. From a visit to our family Dr, we had over 500 bite marks on all of us.
NONSENSE for what we endured as a result from our stay there, Painful itching, in some case bleeding bite marks they we will have forever.
If you have stayed at this hotel and have encountered what we did, please get in touch with me.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank greggharrell
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Pros:
- Friendly Staff
- Location, near airport and Old San Juan and about 15 minute walk to the beach.
- Nice pool
- Big rooms

Cons:
- Rooms need a little updating.
- Wireless was a little slow

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Ok I will break this down. I loved my stay, but there were a few issues...

GOOD..
-Breakfast!!!!!! Loved the cooked to order omelets, scrambled eggs, coffee pancakes..sausage, bacon etc. Even the muffins were delicious!! And it's all you can eat, so I was very happy with this!! I can't say enough about this, it is SO worth it.
-Convience..Embassy has everything you need inside the hotel. There is a casino with a lounge and live band and singers every night. I really enjoyed the band as I'm not so much of a gambler. They have an Outback restaurant inside the hotel, a pizza place AND the hotel restaurant (el Patio), which serves good drinks and good food..try the churrasco. It's a little pricey (21-30 dollars) but if you want to stay in the hotel and still enjoy a good meal, this is a good option. They also have internet kiosk, which came in handy to pay some bills and check my facebook and bank balance. They have plenty of lounge chairs and couches if you just want to hang out. The hotel is also very close to the beach, although I have to say its not the two blocks everyone says it is. It's more like 6, but the walk is straight down the street and it seemed safe and nice. There are also fast food joints..(Wendy's etc) and spanish restaurants close by (Ponderosa and Mi Casita). I went to Ponderosa and it was NOT worth the money..the food and ambiance were mediocre at best. Although I never did it, I hear you can catch the bus right across the street, or you can catch a cab right outside the hotel. Please make sure you negotiate a price before getting inside. They also have a price menu to your right that shows the price for a trip to the mall, or Old San Juan..so look at this first because they will try to rip you off (it happened to me).

Room-My room was nice. Although I could tell it was a little dated, it was comfy and clean.

Concierge-Shout out to Lena!!!! She was so nice and accomodating. She really made me feel welcomed! Thanks for booking my tour to OSJ for me, I had a great time!!

BAD-

HouseKeeping-My room was not cleaned unless I called the front desk. Friday I called to say my room was not cleaned yet, and the young man told me the staff has until 5pm. ARE YOU SERIOUS??!! I've never heard of that before! So he sends someone up and she half way cleans up. She DOES NOT CHANGE MY SHEETS. She just makes up the bed, throws some trash away and wipes down the bathroom and tables. Saturday afternoon I came back from my tour at 4:30pm and my room was the way I left it....AGAIN! Again I call the front desk and the lady tells me that the staff leaves at 5pm. Well that doesnt mean that they can wait until the end of the shift to clean!! I really think that if I didnt call they wouldnt have come at all! And here is the kicker..............the housekeeping cart was left outside my room..308..EVERYDAY!! Just ridiculous. I bought this to the attention of the front desk (Illeana) and she comped me for the 14% fee. That was good, but I would rather have had my room cleaned.

Charges- My room was paid in advance, so when I got there, I was supposed to pay a deposit, $50 a night (3 nights) and any extra charges, ie room service. I had room serivice $31 dollars and $50 for the Old San Juan tour, so my charges should have been about $80. I had all types of erroneous charges from Embassy Suites once I checked my account balance! Thanks to the staff for correcting this quickly, but please get it together!!

Even with the bad stuff, this was an AWESOME first trip to Puerto Rico. I loved the hotel, it was very lively at all times of the day. I loved the tour of Old San Juan! Please do the tour, you will love the history, architecture, shopping and food. And to all those who may want to travel alone like I did, no worries! You will meet new friends like I did on the tour or in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Kishonda
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The hotel is very clean and the staff are very nice. We arrived early so they held our baggage so we could go eat and tour the town. The beach is walking distance and the bus stop is at the corner which takes you just about everywhere for 50cents. The hotel complimentary breakfast is awesome!!! The outback is on site for dinner if you want as well. The pool is very nice and area is clean. I would recommend to anyone. Clean rooms, showers work well, toilets flush and cleaning service is good too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!