We recently stayed in the Embassy Suites that we stayed in 7 years ago. It is very convenient to the airport, Old San Juan, and the beach. It has a very nice pool, esp considering there is a major highway adjacent that they have effectively screened, both visually and audibly. The staff is very friendly. The bartenders are very generous at happy hour. The breakfast is good, but not as good as some of the other Embassy Suites we have stayed at. No bacon was offered on the weekend, and they should consider opening a 2nd omelet/pancake bar, as the line is long and service slow. You can walk easily to restaurants and the beach. They also man a beach chair/umbrella station on the beach, which is part of the resort fee. The lobby and downstairs facilities are fine; the rooms are in need of updating soon. We had someone using the couch bed, and it was uncomfortable. Also, the cooling system barely makes it comfortable. The thermostat will only go down to 66 degrees, but there was no way it even approached 70. It is good value though. I am hoping that they will do some renovations of the rooms in the near future, as we would like to return in the future.
Lastly, I recommend booking directly with the hotel site. I made the mistake of booking through Room Stay (aka Expedia). It appeared to be only a $50 swing in the overall price, but at checkout I was informed that I owed an additional $140 in resort fee/tax that Expedia doesn't cover. The front desk was gracious enough to remove these fees at my insistence, but buyer beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino is conveniently located just a short walk to the beautiful Isla Verde Beach. The newly renovated hotel is also very close to the Luis Munoz Marin Intl. Airport. It is the only all-suite hotel in the San Juan metropolitan area. All our suites have a living room and a separate bedroom. Our guests enjoy a free made-to-order breakfast every morning and two hours of complimentary drinks every evening from 5:30 to 7:30pm. The Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino recreational facilities include a Casino, a lagoon style outdoor pool, kids playground, restaurants and a beach concession at Isla Verde Beach with beach towels, chairs and umbrellas for our guests. We offer over twelve thousand square feet of flexible meeting space including our La Vista Room which over-looks the free-form pool and waterfalls, ideal for social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Embassy Suite San Juan Puerto Rico
- Embassy Suites Carolina
- Carolina Embassy Suites
- Embassy San Juan
- Embassy Suites By Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino Puerto Rico/Isla Verde