“This location is not your typical embassy suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have traveled quite a bit for business and stay at many Hilton and Embassy Suite hotels. The hotel needs a remodel. The rooms and hotel overall are immaculate. The free breakfast is nothing special and the selection is limited compared to other Embassy Suites I've stayed at. The hotel is at the end of a long deserted block but it is safe to walk around at night. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The free nightly cocktail reception is a joke. The lines on the weekend and the crowd is not normal crowd at other Embassy Suites. My advise here if you are just looking for a clean place to sleep its fine but if your looking for the true Puerto Rico experience while staying in Island Verde stay at the El San Juan Hotel a bit more expensive but worth the money.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DENISE D
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hello Denise D:

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel, it helps us identify ways we can improve. We are sorry that you are disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I am happy to hear that you found our team members to be friendly and accommodating.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you stay with us next time you’re in San Juan.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,601)

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Nice Hilton property,the rooms was clean need to be updated but they told me thats already on the schedule on this year.... I will stay here again,and again,and again! We spend a great time on the pool area,nice music they put salsa,meringe.... good!!!! Valerie the bartender keep us relax and happy(specially my wife,so doble happy for me remember,Happy wife,happy life) my kids was happy with the strawberry banana frozen she made,was very beautifull with whipped cream and cherry.The drinks for us was on the moooonnn.I read a review that said she make the best mojitos and... She's the QUEEN OF THE MOJITOS,instead of that she looks very proud of being a bartender you can notice on the way she move and the service she bring on the bar and around the pool.Thank you valerie for such a wonderfull time on the Coqui Bar.The breakfast was nice,its great and FREE so thats awesome for me i got a big family and the reception was another hit!!! Thanks Hilton!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JMC_Mcgregor
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear JMC_Mcgregor:

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are glad to see you were satisfied with the service you received, I already shared your comments with Valerie.

We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We loved staying here. Marisol, the hotel manager, went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of and Johnny, our server at the hotel restaurant took very good care if us as well. He also told us where to go for site seeing and made sure we always went where we would feel safe. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Amtclt3

Dear Amtclt3:

Thank you for the positive comments! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that we will have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Embassy Suites is a great value for families. The rooms are clean and spacious while they provide complimentary breakfast and a happy hour with free drinks. The front desk and staff members were all very nice and pretty helpful when questions were asked. The hotel also has a nice pool, an arcade, and a gym to add to the nice family atmosphere. The location is also excellent. You could throw a rock to the airport from the hotel. Nice if you just want to get off the plane and get to a bed...bad if you don't like the sounds of planes over your head.

There were also some drawbacks; the line for the continental breakfast could take 10 to 45 minutes. It was outrageous at peak times. I woke up early to avoid the crazy peak times but sometimes it was unavoidable. The same goes for the happy hour. I would have given 4 stars if not for those lines. For the value and the location, I'd stay here again/

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve S

Hello Steve S:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

We are happy to hear that you and your family had a great time and that our team members were very helpful to you. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with our breakfast. We are always working to enhance our guests’ experience.

We hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Puerto Rico.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great location, and a good deal for the price, the free breakfast was good and the free drinks daily was awesome! The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is very modern and was kept clean at all times of the day and night. The hotel is extremely close to the airport and we were able to get to most surrounding destinations pretty easily. The pool area was beautiful, and the hotel is a very short walk to the beach which was also beautiful, and the hotel has an area where you can get beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels, all included in your stay with the hotel. Aready looking forward to a return trip, and another stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randolph1970
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Randolph1970:

Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on such a special occasion. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much.

We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay!

Aixa Berríos

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Was very happy with this Embassy Suites hotel. As a Hilton Diamond member, I stay at dozens of embassy suites nationwide. I was impressed with the service of the staff and the huge pool area which was a hit with the rug rats. The room was clean and up to date. My only complaint was the 50 person deep line to get the free drinks at night. The hotel was packed the weekend that I stayed. Breakfast was good and no lines at 8am. Sister in law stay here as well and liked it. I will definitely return again.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank HYRLUV
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear HYRLUV:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you were impressed with our services and facilities and that you want to stay with us again! We will be upgrading our rooms this year, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I feel compelled to share my experience as a warning to other travelers. I stayed at this hotel on 6/27 for 1 night prior to going on a cruise. During my stay money was stolen from my room. Here is an excerpt from the email I sent to hotel. Note that I have called the hotel after sending the email and I am still waiting for a response:

"Prior to going downstairs to happy hour there was a knock at the door. Just as I got to it, the door was opened by a young man (perhaps early 20s) with short black hair. He was startled to see me and quickly handed me a towel and left. I was somewhat confused as I had not requested a towel but thought perhaps he had made a mistake. It did occur to me that he did not announce himself before opening the door. About 30 minutes later there was another knock on the door. My son went to answer and returned with yet another towel and wash cloth.

Fast forward to Saturday 6/28 when I got to my stateroom on the cruise and finally had the chance to check all my bags in an attempt to find the extra $100 that I had put in the inside pocket of my carry on bag. It was then it dawned on me about the reason for the "towel deliveries".

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorna1011
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Lorna1011:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. Please contact us directly so we can discuss the details of your stay.

787-791-0505

#9 of 13 in Isla Verde
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!