“Smelly!”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Long Island, NY
“Smelly!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

After deciding we need a hotel for just one more afternoon before out very late night flight we checked with the hotel we staying at (beautiful place nearby) and were disappointed they were all booked. I decided to book here for 1 night knowing that we just needed a place to relax and to shower before our flight. A total waste of money! The room was gross! It smelled terrible. It was musty, moldy and it seemed as though somebody sprayed something to try to cover it up. I was so thankful that this was not the hotel we booked for our vacation. I can not tell you how disgusting the smell was. In addition the wifi did not work in the room. I would never go back and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Lastly, I was not happy that the woman at the front desk made photo copies of both my drivers license and my credit card. I asked her to shred them in front of me when we were leaving and she refused. I am in no way comfortable with this place having my personal information on hand.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pam p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I had an amazing experience at this hotel with my friends. Upon arrival, we were welcomed by a outstanding gentleman named Walter, who treated us like queens. Thanks Walter!!!

This hotel has a great location, very cozy and clean, and very welcoming staff. Will most definitely stay here again!

And for those who are complaining about the smoking, I personally stayed there all weekend and not once did I see any employees smoking. I'm a smoker myself and frequently went outside to smoke. IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL. It is legal after all, and if us outside, it shouldn't bother anybody. Don't be selfish.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Lovestrong89
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The stay was nice except when we got to the front of the hotel,employees were smoking and had to walk between them very strong ordor and smoke. Our family does not smoke and we do not want our child exposed to cigarret smoke,very unprofessional. Unfortunately every time we walked to leave was one of the maid or Walter the front desk clerk smoking they are very good people but should have another smoking area. Guest have no reason to tolerate the smoke of employees. Car rent service is good and Nydia was good and willing help. If you do not smoke choose another hotel to spend your holy day

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Morristow
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Excellent room service. It was done fast and the room was cleaned in a neat way. The location for a small hotel competing with bigger ones located very near to it is excellent. The personnel is very nice and helpful and they also answer all the questions that you have.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank trainer24
Missouri
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Its a cute place in a good location. Right by the beach and restaurants. The people in reception were very nice. The pool is nice and they have a nice courtyard to relax. There were two issues-the carpet in the room was old and musty. It definitely needs to be replaced. I think tile would do better in that climate. Second, there was one pitiful light in the bathroom and it hardly gave off any light. It was like getting dressed in the dark. The bathroom was spotless but more light would have been appreciated. Overall, it is a nice hotel and has potential. Just get rid of the carpet.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank LibragirlMissouri
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This was our first visit to San Juan. We were warmly welcomed by Walter, the multitasking clerk at the front desk and take care of each day. The breakfast was just right every morning. The grounds and hotel itself are spotless. The cleaning people go out of their way to clean the rooms promptly and spotless. The location is perfect ... away from the congestion of hwy 26, but close to everything. It was also great for walking to/from casinos and night life. Absolutely a great place to stay - come once and you'll be back!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Barner_13
New York
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Had a great experience, the employees were very friendly and helpful. Walter and Maria were so nice and Dominic at the Bar was also great! The rooms were nice and the pool area was very clean and relaxing! Would definitley return!

• Stayed May 2013