“Lovely small hotel”

Hotel Villa del Sol
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 September 2005

Stayed for a weekend to visit my family. Was pretty cool, walked to the beach every morning, pretty clean, drinks were pretty inexpensive compared to the other hotels ive stayed in Isla Verde.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 June 2005

My boyfriend and I loved our stay (5 nights) at Hotel Villa Del Sol. We didn't have a prior reservation, but they managed to accommodate us and give us excellent rates. When I walked in, I asked one of the employees regarding their amenities; she included the employees as one. At the time, I was a bit skeptical due to our interaction with other hotel employees, but she was absolutely right. We were treated wonderfully. Don’t forget to try Annette’s margaritas and Carmen’s Pina Colladas (?). Villa Del Sol is cute, clean and affordable. This place has a lot of character. You will definitely enjoy your stay.
FYI, the car rental guy, Carlos (he is not one of their employees), was the only unpleasant person we dealt with at the hotel. You might want to stay away from him.

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn New York
Reviewed 10 May 2005

The staff is extremely polite and courteous the rooms are clean and location is perfect . I will return in the near future. Bklyn NY

• Stayed: December 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2004

Me and my best friends stayed at Hotel Villa del Sol for five days and, we had a great time!! Before booking the hotel I had read the reviews in this site, and I was terrified to go there, but this was a very affordable hotel and we booked it in spite of all the bad reviews. I must admit I was pleasantly surprise! This hotel, first of all, is small, but beautiful. The hotel staff was always courteous. The bar had all the drinks we wanted at a very low price. The pool was small but always warm and clean. The room was spaceous, and clean. The beach is very close. We all had a great time!!

2  Thank Miriam S
Reviewed 4 June 2004

We stayed at this hotel for one day/night for a stop over going to St. Martin. Coming from Las Vegas it is a LONG day flying to the Caribbean, so we decided to chop up the flight down and stay here before flying out the next morning for a week in St. Martin. For a night or two I would say it is perfect, cost was around $110/nt at the end of April and was about 5 minutes to/from the airport. It is only 1 or 2 blocks from the beach and there were several restaurants/bars right there at the beach that we enjoyed. Rooms are very basic, but with the other hotel rooms going for almost $200/nt for not much better (from what I have read) this place is perfect for a short stay - any longer I would pay more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2004
3  Thank Perki
bronx, new york
Reviewed 16 April 2004

i had a great time at this hotel, the atmoshpere was so relaxing, we didn't have a problem with anything. the room was perfect all the time, it was near the beach, the pool was great.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed 9 March 2004

Reservations were made by my future sister-inlaw, as our whole family traveled to PR for a family wedding OCT '03. She was never told that hotel was to be under construction. Lobby was constantly drapped in big plastic tarps. Constant flooding occured in lobby at the foot of the stairs After traveling to PR for many hours we were informed that the bar /restaurant would not be open for food or refreshments. Our group of 19 decided to have food and drinks brought in. This bar'restaurant was rarely open in the 5 days we were there. The following day a sign was posted throughout the hotel stating that no food or beverages could be brought in from the outside. Moldy puddles of long standing water surrounded part of the pool area. Terrible part of town, sounds of people being beaten up at night. Furniture throughtout hotel in state of disrepair. Hotel staff never put themselves out to assist with any problems. Ruined what was a long anticipated trip!! SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN!!!

• Stayed: October 2003
#3 of 4 in Fajardo
Hotel Iberia
Hotel Iberia
#39 of 48 in San Juan

Been to Hotel Villa del Sol? Share your experiences!