“I love this hotel!”

Hotel Villa del Sol
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 25 April 2007

I have stay at this hotel twice, I like better then the big hotels, makes me feel at home. Staff is very friendly. I would recommend it to couples and families with children.
Brooklyn, Ny.

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mianewyork

Reviewed 9 April 2007

This hotel has friendly staff, rooms are average, but equipped with TV, and A/C. The pool area is nice, and beach areas are within walking distance. Mattress on the bed was not great, but overall recommend this hotel for a good place to stay for a night or two.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank OpinionsfromTampa
Reviewed 3 January 2007

We just needed a place to stay for the night before we flew out. I prefer staying at smaller quaint places with personality, rather than hotel chains. Going by trip advisor recommendations, I thought I'd give this place a shot. I couldn't believe the price! San Juan prices were all high, and at $90 a night, I was a little nervous about what I was getting in to. But it wasn't bad!
Pros are the bar, the pool, the patio upstairs, the cleanliness. The staff was nice, and it was close to the beach. There's a cafe on the corner across the street to get coffee in the morning.
Cons: It was difficult getting the luggage up the stairs. Whatever they use to clean the bathrooms smelled way too strong, almost nauseating, so we bought some incense and it made the smell go away. No coffee in the rooms or in the lobby. The air conditioner was a little loud, but it turned out good for drowning out the sounds of the airport. If you don't plan to spend too much time in the room it was sufficient just to sleep. The bathroom was small, but the shower had pretty good pressure and water was hot.
All in all, I would stay there again, but I would check out the bigger more expensive rooms if I needed more than one night.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Debra H
Reviewed 19 December 2006

excellent place to stay for family with children, veryyyyyyy cleannnnnnnn roomssss!!!! i will stay there in my next trip in the summer, my son love the place. the owner is a gentleman, the ladies staff were very friendly they treat you so good you want to come back...i was very happy with my desicion.......i was very please with the place......go a head......you will make a good choise especially if you have children.......you can rent a car with them, cars are very clean they clean it every single day......they clean the rooms every day.that was very important to me i feel i can trust them since i talk to the owner...it was very secure...its smell so good, fresh and clean......the bar is very nice and neat .........this is a small hotel but is very nice place to stay, the pool is great for the kids....the location is excellent close to restaurant,beach,hotels and casinos ,close to the airport, all in the palm of your hand....this was my experience at villa del sol.....i love ittttttttt!!!.....

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
7  Thank nimary61773
Reviewed 9 August 2006

This hotel was a beautiful surprise. Its nestled away next to all the big names in Isla Verde, for a fraction of the price. After a short (and terrible) stay at the Howard Johnson, I found this hotel for the remainder of our 5 day stay. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The bartender was especially nice! The hotel is pretty new with a nice pool and location. The rooms were super clean everyday of our stay, no matter how messey we made it. Its close to the beach and airport. (Althought it is close to the airport, the noise is not audible inside the room, only outside. Overall, I loved the place. I'll stay there everytime I go to San Juan. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2006
6  Thank aevegan
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin
Reviewed 7 July 2006

I book the rm for 3 days and 2 nights but regret it because the bed was not confortable at all. I could'nt sleep at all on that first night, there was no cushing to the bed and it seem that I was sleeping on a Hard Cardboard box. It was a nightmare. As for the second night, I did not sleep there at all but, I did have some friend's come over and had a blast with them.

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 March 2006

I recently stayed at Villa Del Sol for 3 nights and I really enjoyed my stay. It IS NOT a fancy or swank hotel. But it is clean, safe, the employees were extremely friendly, and the location is second to none. It is literally right next door to the El Suan Juan Hotel, which in my opinion, is the nicest hotel in Isla Verde. It is also a quick 3-4 minute walk to the beach. If you are on a budget and want to stay in Isla Verde, this is your place.

• Stayed: February 2006