Traveled here for business Our room was directly off the elevator , so we asked and got a different room. We got a room two floors lower and it had mold all over the Windows. We went and asked for a third room and we were told the hotel was totally booked I mentioned that we did not mind paying extra for a better room We were told none was available at any price. So we took the "elevator room ".
This room had a lot of issues No heat Room never got over 60 degrees even with heat set on 90 We asked the cleaning staff and they called maintenance the next morning. Room was Very noisy from the elevator returns , but we powered threw 5 days no heat and noise. Bathroom door never closed Slider broken. No cold water. Just scalding hot but Floors 6 and below have opposite issue ( lol) We were at the same convention and paid 508 dollars a night for a crappy room when others paid 304 for their crappy room. Guess the higher up the more expensive No view to speak of except ratty , moldy roof Internet spotty at best Shower leaked horribly , but lots of towels to mop it up with No coffee makers , no fridge Few drawers
The pros of the hotel Nice bed ( but cold , lol) pools just ok Bar tenders were excellent My husband doesn't drink and they made him his virgin daquaries and never complained
To sum it up rooms a one star and amenities 3 so went with 2 rating You are paying for the hotel location and a nice beach
I would not stay here again because I like warm clean rooms even if I don't spend a lot of time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront hotel surrounded by 15 acres of landscaped grounds in fashionable Isla Verde district - 15 minutes from Old San Juan. El San Juan Hotel presents a perfect blend of tropical splendor, Old World elegance and vibrant culture. Redesigned guest rooms are bright and inviting - ideal for a retreat. Lounge at the beach or on the expansive pool featuring flowering gardens, and spacious sundeck, Olympic-sized pool, Fantasy swimming pool with swim-up bar, waterfall and whirlpools, private cabanas for rental or relax and rejuvenate at the spa. Enjoy a vibrant and varied nightlife, choosing from nine on-site award winning restaurants, plus lounges, bars and nightclubs. One life to live? Live it up at El San Juan! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El San Juan Resort And Casino
- El San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- El San Juan Hotel Casino
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Carolina
- El San Juan Hotel Puerto Rico
- El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection By Hilton Puerto Rico/Isla Verde