“Local weekend stay”
Review of La Playita

La Playita
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Hi! We live here in Puerto Rico and we stayed in the hotel for a weekend we had off. We got there after the check in hour in the afternoon. The front desk lady was very kind and took us to our room. After looking around and going for a while to the beach, we went back to our room, and i decided to take a shower. The bathroom was little and you can see that the tiles were new. As i was showering, for my surprise i had to run out in panic, screeming, because i have no idea where a type of scorpion appeard in the shower! My husband tried to help me and my worries grew because we have a two year old running around everywhere. My husband went to the front desk to let them know of the situation, she soon appeared with one of the staff members to get the insect out of the room. He finally got it out, they said it was weird that, the insect appeard because they said they are aware that it has never happened. They both apologized for the insident, asked if we were ok and thats it. Nothing else! Obviosly i was checking everything that night and almost slept with one eye opened...the next day we went to their facilities to eat breakfast. We saw a couple of their staff walking around, working, but no "good mornings" or "good day" were received at all. My husband and i we both work in customer service in the hotel industry and Customer Service is not an option, is a MUST! The view to the water was beautiful, but if you look to the left, their are abandoned buildings that make a sour view to the beauty on the front and right. The hotel it self needs care and some restructuring, in the lunch room/bar and ocean front. The rooms too, need some renovations on the floors and furniture. One night we went to the restaurant to try it, the waiter treated us ok...but it seemed like she was in a rush to leave. The Food was the High light of it, it was very good (i recomend the Mofongo al agillo with shrimp) For me the most important thing is customer service, only one of the days i received a good morning from an employee. We really tried to make the best of it on our stay, and the Hotel has all the potential to be an excelent Hotel because of the Location and food. I always say, the place could be simple and not have a lot of amenities but if your customer service is good, you can be sure the people will be back. I hope this review can help you.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Betty B

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

It was the last day of my brother in law vacations in PR, he wanted a place close to the beach, so we decided to try La Playita Restaurant. We got there almost at closing time and Carlos at the kitchen and our waitress La Cubanita gave us the most attentive service ever experience in a restaurant. The food was extremely delicious and the coco loco, OMG, very good. My compliments to both, Carlos and La Cubanita for an excellent service...

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Ada T
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Room number 207 was great, yes it does need s little thing here and there but what hotel does not. The staff is great. Maria, Reinaldo and the security staff they are all great. Have recommended it to all my friends. Need's a little more in the breakfast. But Loved IT. Especially the gardens and the statues.

La Playa

Room Tip: Room 207 is the best. Great view and very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ioned M
Reviewed 5 June 2014

For a small hotel/restaurant/bar, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent here.
Employee were attentive and very friendly, especially once you returned a second time.
I enjoyed drinking morning coffee on the deck and listening to the Ocean. In the evenings the restaurant fills up fast,
we would go either at 4pm or after 8 pm. Love the setting.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mickey L
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This place is in a prime location. Read a few reviews of people complaining about abandoned building next door, its PR, what do you expect? The bartenders pour a great mojito, the food is very good, our room had an outstanding view, and the staff was helpful and friendly.

We stayed here to wrap up a five night trip, staying in four different places over that course of time, and wanted a place close to airport but still nice. This was perfect.

Room Tip: Room 207, which we had, is the best room in the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank justin s
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I only had a few hours during a layover in San Juan and was recommended lunch at Hotel La Playa. Only 5 minutes away from the airport by taxi, $18 round trip. The food here is the freshest I've ever had; I swear they must have butchered the cow for my burger earlier that day. Girlfriend had chicken wrap, delicioso! Prices were fair, staff was great. I will be making another stop here just for the food.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dreabl88
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We loved the customer service oriented aim to please friendly staff- especially Jessica at the front desk! The rooms were very comfy and clean. The view from the deck was beautiful- except for the abandoned building on the left and the shabby looking building on the right! Beach is close by be sure to wear water shoes or sandals- I'd recommend eating out at other restaurants - bringing your own liquor- theirs is overly priced and not too many great choices!

• Stayed: January 2014