“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I found this hotel here on trip advisor, and after reading all of the great reviews I booked 3 nights for my wife, my parents and myself. Such a great experience! It WBC is very unique compared to all the other hotels. It's much smaller and has a more intimate vibe. Also, style is great with the dim lighting, colorful lights, and waterfalls. Very classy and very modern feel. Every interaction with the staff was great. They were all very helpful and very friendly, from the front desk to the wait staff and housekeeping. I wish I could remember all of their names but the bar tender on the roof top, Aisha, was exceptionally great. Speaking of the roof top, it was worth the stay alone!
We will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for this review. We are so happy to hear that you were able to experience us from our Trip Advisor review and that our staff exceeded your expectations in the great service you encountered during your stay. We are committed to maintaining this level of service to all our guests. We want to add a personal touch and give the genuine and friendly service that many other hotels cannot measure up to. We take a lot of pride in what we do and it was a pleasure doing it for you. Hope to see you back again.
Virna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I travel alone and was a bit worried about going to San Juan as it is a romantic couples type of location. The employees at the WBC were awesome, helpful and FRIENDLY!! They were honest about where to go and where to stay away from, the room had a fabulous view right on the water and if you can stay up that late there is a nightclub on the roof!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Helen M
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review.Our team members are the best they continuously demonstrate the personalized service we live by. I will definitely pass on your kind words. I hope you can make it back soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Well located and close to Airport. Great rooftop area and great beach location. Staff are very friendly and provide excellent service. Quite modern but a little dark and would not suit kids. We would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking your time in writing this review. It is always a great feeling to hear positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please try and return real soon and let me know when you do; I want to try and get the fifth star on your next review!
Warm regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, 4 days through a Living Social Promotion. Though not huge savings, I felt it was worth it. I agree with previous posters, the staff was candid and helpful--they really tried and got it right. They were also pleasant to the eye! The rooms were on the basic side, and the bathroom tile's will eventually need to be redone/re-grouted. Beds and pillows --so, so. Rooms weren't well sound proofed and unfortunately, we had pretty inconsiderate neighbors. However, staff was accommodating and responsive --which is all they could do, and one can expect. They offered me a late check out for the inconvenience. The room did have some luxury amenities like robes, coffee maker, flat screen TV, turn down service, a fun wish board, and a nice view. Restaurants were both excellent --I was again, pleasantly surprised. The continental buffet in the morning was also good . I would suggest to take advantage of the local cheese, fruits, and pastries, and leave the bagels, etc for when you get back home. Venues, other hotels, restaurants are all within walking distance. When leaving the hotel @ night, take the alley immediately to the right of the property, it's well lit, and seems safer than the one further down the street --I didn't know about it, and it stopped me from going out the first night I was there alone. The pool is tight and there aren't a whole lot of lounge chairs, but we were happy to lay down on the couch like chairs, which were very comfortable. In sum, the silver lining and what made this hotel well worth it for me were: the breath taking views from the terrace, the bar/roof top pool, and the beach directly across from the property --do it!

Room Tip: I would suppose the lower level rooms are quieter, given that there is a DJ Th-Sun at the roof top b...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gsanchez_12
Thank you so much. We appreciate all feedback but of course a glowing review as yours is a real pleasure to see on Trip Advisor. Thank you for mentioning so many great points on our hotel starting with the staff, location and the great service you experienced. Please know that the SJWB Club Hotel is here and waiting for you return so lets' do it again.
Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

My lady and I stayed at this hotel for the second time November 3 through Nov 7. It was our second stay there. We took advantage of a buy three nights and fourth night free. We had a great, great time. The staff is excellent. My lady loves this place so much we cannot stay anywhere else in Puerto Rico. Lleda at the front desk recognized us and gave us both a big hug, as did Virna from Guest Sevices who I had emailed. Xavier at the front door is a great person and will answer any question you have. Juan on the beach set our beach chairs and umbrella. We checked out at 4:30 for an extra $75 our flight was at 7. Food and service are excellent. They respect your privacy and all you see is smiles from everyone. I spoke with Pedro in Engineering he loves this hotel and takes excellent passion in its appearance and operation. Thanks to all we already booked to return in January. See you then

Room Tip: Get a fridge in your room, activate the safe for free,
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim F
Thank you for your review. As this was your second stay which was great…we must be doing something right! It is always a pleasure to see positive reviews on tripadvisor; so we greatly appreciate it. See you on your third visit which is just around the corner.
Warmest regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

One of the nicest hotel staff I've ever encountered.... Everyone was great, I mean genuinely nice people. A quick vacation to get away from hectic working and living. And I must say we came close to finding Paradise... we became friends with the staff. Virna can tell you where to eat and what to do, in just about anywhere in Puerto Rico, she stole our hearts truly a genuine person. Juan was just great from early check in, to making sure your stay feels like home. Jacqueline made breakfast unbelievable. Andy, Orlando, John, Isis, Juan, Valerie these are just the names I remember - made our stay unforgettable, sometimes its the little people that make the biggest impact, we felt as if we lived in the hotel and these people were our friends that happen to work there... Another person I will not forget Ramon De La Playa.... what can i say that hasn't already been said.

WBC: Sun warms your body and the People steal your heart.

Can't wait to go back...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Woody R
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for is phenomenal review. It was a pleasure meeting you and greeting you every day during your stay; you guys were a pleasure to have and easy to take care of… Thanks again for sharing your experience so eloquent and so lovely. We greatly appreciate you for recognizing the individuals that accomplished just that, we take a lot of pride in what we do and it was a pleasure doing it for you. Welcome to the WBC family and hope to continue celebrating many more birthdays to come.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have been to San Juan a lot. Usually stay at La Concha which if they were not sold out id be there! I made my reservation through Expedia and then found out that the hotel offered a package which included many amenities In which booking with Expedia didn't offer and when I called to see what could be done the reservations agent was rude and said nothing at all. Check in was uneventful and wasn't given any information about the property. Arrival into the room I found the bathroom covered in long hair, and dust everywhere... The AC unit makes a horrible noise every time it turns on ( it's set on automatic). When I got to the beach to lay out the server was walking around the beach taking food and drink orders and when I asked to see a menu she told me I'll be right over... Right over for this hotel means 30 minutes later.. So I decided to go upstairs to the bar on the top of the resort. Jacqueline and Joseph were great... The best part about this hotel was them! Next horrible moment is when I decided to head back to the beach, I was stopped by a gentleman who said if I didn't return the pool towel then he will charge me $15.00. First no one asked my room number and I was going back to relax on the beach but now I can't cause I had to return my towel. The staff here are really not interested in the guests. On numerous occasions the staff complained about their hourly wage ( guessing I would tip them more). I have not encountered this with La Concha so take my word for it, it's pretty to look at but really sucks inside. A word to the management you need to focus on your guests better, front desk agents give smirky looks and as an English speaking person who understands no Spanish it's rude when your agents start speaking in Spanish to one another while I check in for I don't know if their talking about me or what not. That's just rude. I didn't rate you high for I don't think you deserve it. I just got off a 7 night royal Caribbean cruise and the staff on the ship are much nicer then the staff here at The San Juan Water and Beach Club. Btw I'm writing this as I'm lying in my room on the rock hard bed!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank TravelingAround365
Clearly our reputation is based on our great service that is more than evident with many of our positive reviews. We strive to handle any guest-related issues directly on the spot. In your case the reservation was prepaid through Expedia for one night only. Our Romance package has a three-night minimum stay required and is only available when booking directly with the hotel, not through third parties. I strongly recommend conducting a more thorough research of promotions and packages prior to booking any hotel stay. This way you may select the best option for the experience that you’re looking for in the future. It’s disheartening to learn that, as you mentioned, “the incident left a bad taste in your mouth with our property”. I’m sorry that this caused you to have a not-so-good experience which otherwise would have been a very enjoyable stay. Feel free to contact me if I may assist you in any way, I remain at your service.
All the best,
InterContinental San Juan
InterContinental San Juan
#5 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,440 reviews

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!