“Best Beachfront Experience”

San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I enjoyed a short stay at this hotel last week and it was incredible. The staff was very welcoming and energetic. The decor had a Miami feel to it and the rooms were very modern. Most of the hotel lighting was neon which made the stay very fun. Mist lounge- the rooftop pool area has a stunning view of the area. The restaurant was the absolute best part of our stay! The food was spectacular and full of various flavors. We had the popcorn soup, the sea bass and haute chocolate dessert all of which were exquisite ♡. By far the best experience in isla verde! I will be making this my hotel of choice for future vacations and would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank krodriguez7
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

By far the best experience in Isla Verde is good enough for us! See you soon.

There are newer reviews for San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Magnificent hotel along with very contemporary decor. Walking into the hotel, you get a very modern vibe. The beach front view is stunning. Roof top pool and the lounge area is very relaxing. Zest- hotel's very own fancy and boutique restaurant is a must experience. Amazing food and desserts! Staff was very caring and friendly. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank vabverma

And we love you more for the fiver stars and those amazing words! Thank you and see you soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Immediately upon entering you are stunned by the beautiful decor of the hotel. If you ask. E it reminds me a little of Miami.The staff was super helpful and explained everything the hotel has to offer. Our room was a partial ocean view which was surprising because I didn't choose that. But of course I'm not complaining because it was beautiful. The hotel is right in front of a beach so you just walk over get your complimentary towel, beach chair, and umbrella. Then you can spend the entire day on the beach frolicking in the warm water or tanning. While on the beach they have staff that comes by and serve you food if your interested. The food in the hotel is a little pricey, but I would suggest eating there at least once. Both the rooftop bar and restaurant downstairs are very popular.

If your looking for mostly relaxation and some entertainment I would definitely suggest this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Java S

Thank you for taking your time in writing this review. It is always a great feeling to hear positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please try and return real soon and let me know when you do; I want to try and get the fifth star on your next review!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Loved the boutique, art deco feel of this hotel! The hotel was super modern, sophisticated, and sleek. We originally booked an ocean view hotel but once we checked in, we were not impressed with the poor closet space so we decided to upgrade to the suite which was SUPER. Even though it was on the expensive side, we fell in like with the amazing glass door closet with more than enough space for two people. The beds were so comfy and large. Sleeping at night on one of these beds to the sound of the ocean was magical. The only thing that my boyfriend and I did not like was the air conditioner-it was too strong and our first night we woke up to a freezing room! But once we figured out how to work the air conditioner it was okay.
Also, even though the blue lighting is a cool look for the room, after awhile, I thought it was a little too much (felt like I was going a tad bit crazy) and also not the ideal lighting for makeup!
Another thing we did not like at all was the BREAKFAST. The food was stale and over priced. My boyfriend tried to pick up a croissant and the entire tray of croissant lifted off the plate, essentially all being stuck together. That's disgusting! By the last day, we walked into town and had a decent Puerto Rican breakfast that was much more satisfying at a lesser price.
Things we LOVED: literally waking up and walking right on the beach was fantastic! Someone was there to provide chairs, towels, and an umbrella. Also, the rooftop was MY favorite part. Again, the art deco design was wonderful with views of the ocean. The tapas bar was also a plus on the rooftop. Only thing, the drinks were weak...
The staff were all young, good looking, and full of energy! Very friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel to a couple looking for a mini-vacation on the beach, with a relaxed, refined atmosphere.
My boyfriend and I definitely plan on coming back-hopefully they tweak their breakfast by that time.

Room Tip: Beware of very limited closet space in all the rooms except for the suites.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie P

Thank you! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and our attentive staff; our aim is to deliver just that experience. We look forward to your next visit and hopefully you may enjoy the tweaking on our breakfast menu.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I would not stay here again. The area was a bit over and underwhelming for me. I LOVE Puerto Rico and my other 4 times here I stayed in the Condado area. However this time I decided to stay in Isla Verdes and did not like it at all. Again the hotel is great with the exception of the little gym. Not sure I should call it a gym. It was a room with 4 pieces of very outdated cardio equipment, one bench and free weights. The staff was friendly. Room service was reasonably priced. Food was awesome! No complaints with the hotel itself just the location. The beach is public and there was a lot of debris in the sand. The main street was too busy. I did not like seeing Burger King, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, etc all with a block of each other. When I come to PR I expect to eat from Puerto Rican establishments. My driver said this area was better than Condado. He said it was like South Beach. Well alrighty because I hate South Beach. I need peace and serenity and this area is opposite of that. Again I LOVED the hotel (except the workout room). Just wish I could uproot it to a different location. Oh. Forgot the continental breakfast. I didn't eat it but it looked decent.

Room Tip: I had a partial ocean view room. I was on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Trinitee0971

Thank you for your review. All comments are useful to learn and improve. In reference to your feedback of our beach and area is unsettling due to the fact that our beach is considered as one of Puerto Rico’s finest. The sand is soft and smooth, the ocean is warm and calm and the area is pretty peaceful. I could only imagine that your travels dates were on a long weekend where locals do visit the beach. Please accept our sincere apologies that our location was less than perfect for you. Should you ever decide to give us another opportunity, we would love to welcome you back. Feel free to contact me should you need assistance with anything, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My daughter and I just left our 4 night stay here. We had a wonderful experience from start to finish. We were greeted at the door by the valet, who promptly opened the door and took our keys to park our car. The front desk staff was very friendly, kind and welcoming. We then went to our room and were pleasantly surprised by the size of it. There was plenty of room for both our suitcases to be fully opened up and still have lots of room to maneuver around. We didn't have any water temperature issues (as some previous reviewers mentioned). Our showers were pleasant and perfect temperature for us. The first day that we went out on the beach, a gentleman from the hotel came by with a small fruit kabob for us, and then later a coconut ice of some sort. We didn't have drink/food service other than that. However, the next time we were out on the beach, a lovely gal came by to take a drink order from us. We left many times, and always called down to valet to give them a heads up, and most often our car was there waiting for us. When I first arrived, it wasn't in the type of area that I thought it was....I had pictured a more secluded area in my head. It's actually in a very busy/touristy part of town near the airport. Which, ended up being nice for us as it was within a handful of blocks to several eating establishments, although many chain restaurants (Wendy's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Baskin Robbins, Taco Bell, Chili's). There was also a 24/hr Walgreens. I can't think of a single downside to this hotel. I would most definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review! It looks as if you were able to enjoy a number of offerings here and it's good to see that all aspects exceeded your expectations especially our staff. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next visit.

Warmly,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a unique hotel. It is small and very easy to naviagate, which makes reaching the sun and beach right out the front door even easier to access and enjoy. The staff are outstanding and very friendly and do everything possible to make each day in San Juan a truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roy A

Thank you so much for your recent visit and this wonderful review; especially mentioning our committed staff as they are the ones who make the magic happen. You pretty much covered the WBC experience short and sweet.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
#19 of 47 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!