“Perfect location, perfect staff!”

San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Rockford, Illinois
“Perfect location, perfect staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was originally coming to Puerto Rico for relaxation, and it ended up being a work/relax combination. Water and Beach Club is perfect for couples, singles, and groups. I did see some families although I think it's more geared as a South Beach style hotel. The rooftop is gorgeous, and when on the beach the staff from the restaurant/lounge are always there to bring drinks and food right to your lounge chair. Natalie is awesome on the beach, so ask for her if she's there! Room service is great and very prompt. Probably the most friendly staff I've encountered, and I travel a lot! I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: I actually ended up with a corner ocean-view room just by chance and enjoyed it because the view was...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ann L
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for submitting your review. It is always uplifting to know our guests enjoyed their experience with us; great to hear that Natalie and the rest of the team contributed to that. I hope to continue this trend with you so please do not hesitate to reach out to me when you are interested in returning. You can contact me at vconcepcion@waterbeachhotel.com.
Virna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I enjoyed our time at this hotel so much! The hotel itself is gorgeous, the beach is beautiful, the food is fresh and delicious and the staff are helpful and so friendly! The view at the top is something to see! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cruiselass
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you! We would love it more to welcome you back. Hope to see you again real soon.
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend and had a pretty good experience. The hotel sat right next to the beach and had a great overlook of the water. The top of the hotel was the most refreshing which had a fun pool and restaurant. The hotel had some sort of refresh inside which had a Miami-80s vibe to it. The only concern was the price for food inside. It was a little steep compared to the other locations nearby. Very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Very loud music the closer to the roof that you get.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PeteSrodo
Thank you...We love it when we get great reviews on trip advisor. We strive to add a personal touch and give the genuine and friendly service that hits the hearts of our guests. We’re glad that you had the chance to experience it for yourself. Come back soon!
Regards,
Hinsdale, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at WBC for 5 days and it was perfect for us. We are a very busy, professional couple and were in desperate need of a relaxing, tropical vacation and Water Beach Club provided everything we hoped for. Located directly on the beach. We had a beautiful ocean view room on the 7th floor. We did a lot of tours and sightseeing and I feel this hotel is really centrally located for everything (Old San Juan, kayaking, snorkel sailing, El Yunque rain forest). The lounge on the top floor called Mist was nice. Amazing view day or night. The food is tapas style and drinks are very good. Expect to pay a little more for drinks up there. We ate breakfast every morning in the restaurant on the lobby floor, called Zest and that was also very good and reasonably priced. The beach is so beautiful and clean. The hotel provides you with loungers, umbrellas and towels at no charge. Occasionally, a waitress from the lounge Mist comes around to get drink or food orders. I loved that. Service at this hotel was nice. The only reason I gave this review 4 out of 5 is because they do charge a daily rate for valet if you have a car. I think you should have a choice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine P
It was a pleasure to have you here and I hope you can make it back to The WBC very soon for another stay. I love it that you enjoyed our property and service.
Madison Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Loved this hotel!!! Where to start? So, upon arriving and walking in the front lobby, I fell in love with WBC! My room on the 10th floor had a partial beach view; but, looking out the window was pretty much full beach view. Loved the way the room lit up blue at night when the blue light was turned on. The bed was super comfortable and the room was very big. I was glad the room had a safe that actually worked. At night, the hotel staff would come in the room and give the bed what they called "turn down service" where they would turn the sheets back and leave two tasty chocolate candies on the pillow. Nice touch! The restaurant on top of the hotel had really good food as well as the restaurant inside the hotel, Zest. I believe the restaurant on top was called Sea Mist? I explored the hotel from top to bottom on my first night. Loved the waterfall in the elevator; the sound of the water flowing was very fitting given the name of the hotel. I was given a $25 credit to use in the rooftop restaurant when I first arrived. That was nice of them! The view from the top of the hotel is beautiful! Loved the fixtures in the bathroom in my room; very modern! The staff was super nice and they were attentive and quick to assist with any questions I had. Kudos to Lola at the concierge desk; loved her!! She was super friendly and was very helpful in assisting me with excursions on the island during my stay! Front desk reps were very helpful also! If I go back to San Juan, this is where I'm staying!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for taking a moment and sharing your “Absolutely 100% Perfect” review. You basically said it all; it describes the way we strive to have every guest feel as they depart from the WBC as part of our family. Thanks again for sharing your experience so eloquent and so lovely. We greatly appreciate it. We can’t wait to welcome you back real soon.
My best,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here 4 nights. The rooms were always very clean. Staff was excellent and very attentive. Always a greeting and a smile on the face of every employee. The concierge was great and helped us set up our excursions while we were in San Juan. Zest is a great restaurant downstairs and the food is great for any meal. Got an unexpected upgrade when we arrived to a room with a better view. The first night we were there we had some very obnoxious neighbors in the next room who were up all night screaming. My girlfriend let the hotel know about them and they offered us a change in room, but the neighbors checked out that day anyway so that wasn't necessary. Also during that first night the power went out in the middle of the night in the hotel and the whole block of buildings. The next morning we got a letter from management apologizing for it, even though it wasn't their fault, and a voucher for a free breakfast. Only downside was it is about a $20 cab ride each way if we wanted to go to old San Juan and site see. The beach which is within walking distance from the hotel was great, and clean, and not very crowded for a public beach. Staff is around to bring you drinks and food as well as beach chairs and umbrellas. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to San Juan.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view are great. Any room on the 10th floor will be able to hear and feel the music...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lockportjoe
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Wow! Sounds like you experienced a perfect stay! We are very glad to hear that our family members contributed in making your stay a superb one. Come back soon!
My best,
Lehi, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it! Our favorite part was how close the beach was, right out the front door! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We also loved how close Walgreens, Wendys and Taco Bell were. We felt right at home!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
What better to way to celebrate your anniversay...WBC is in the best location and the ocean right in front of our entrance, everything you need is steps away. Priceless… Thank you for your visit and review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
InterContinental San Juan
InterContinental San Juan
#5 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,509 reviews

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!