“Nice place”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Florida City, Florida
“Nice place”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The sea is clear in this great place.
The Club Hotel , one of my best experiences, in Puerto Rico!
I hope in few I will return with the kids to this nice place!
Food is ok,
I wish for all my friends this place ! :-)

Room Tip: Nice place
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank George M M
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you...We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed our staff and service. I hope to see you again soon. Let me know when you are coming back so I can give you a warm welcome back.
Warmly,
Virna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with family in mid August. Affordable hotel only a 5 min drive from the airport, directly on the beach. Staff was super helpful, friendly and took care of all our needs. Rooms are not huge, but was clean and had nice décor. Rooftop bar is nice with amazing views of the ocean and city. The pool is small, but the beach is 50 yards from the hotel. Beach attendants were great with setting up chairs and umbrellas, as well as getting us waitress service. Hotel is a short walk to El San Juan Hotel (Starbucks), Walgreens and a good bar/restaurant 'El Alambigue' along with many other options. Overall it was a good stay, was very cost effective and would return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Anthony F
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thanks for taking the time in writing your review. We always appreciate the feedback. We are so happy to hear your enjoyed your stay. We hope you have a chance to come back and see us again.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent a few nights here and overall it was a great hotel. Nice easy access to beach and walkway right next to the hotel that brings you down by the street area where you can walk the city. Our room was ocean view so it was spectacular to sew first thing when you wake up in the a.m. they even give you beach towels and have a guy set up the chaira and unbrella for you. My only gripe is that our toilet ended up not flushing and had the guy come in not once but twice in one day. The smoke detector was out of it's place (fire hazard?) and the walls were a bit thin. We could hear the family's conversation next door clearly. It was a bit loud..The rooftop had a nice little dipping pool that overlooks the ocean. Overall we would be back..

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leiskye
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back, hopefully next time you can fully experience what the San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel has to offer. Please contact me at vconcepcion@waterbeachhotel.com on your next return; I will be happy to be your WBC ally and make sure you have the best stay ever.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2014

What a great Hotel. From the beginning we experienced nothing but pleasure. Juan was so responsive and helpful when we made our reservation and remembered us when we checked in. Lola, the concierge, was so helpful. Always full of ideas and always with a beautiful smile.
The location is perfect on one of the best beaches in San Juan. You simply walk out the door and there you are. The Beach Staff was always attentive and Mildred was always available to place your drink and food orders.

For those of you expecting the lap of luxury you need to know that this is a beach hotel. The rooms are cement and tile. The views are amazing. But they are clean and very hip...stylish.
The roof top bar was great. You're a block away from two Casino's and there are plenty of restaurants very near.

I can't say enough about our stay here. It was really one of the best vacations I've ever had and the staff was a big part of that.

As for the cost...this is an exceptional value in my book. To be literally on the beach...the price was amazing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zane P
Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to have you here and I hope you can make it back to The WBC very soon for another stay. I love it that you enjoyed our property, service and best of all our staff.
Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I rely quite a lot on trip advisor reviews and this was my first big disappointment. I just don't understand all the great reviews.

On the positive side the location is great and the staff were good.

It is right across the road from the beach and the beach is beautiful. From what I saw I'd agree it's the nicest part of the beach in Isla Verde.

We booked a partial beach view room and I think were upgraded to a full view on check in. The view was amazing.

The room layout was a bit silly and net curtains all along the walls was strange and annoying. They were just in the way and were a bit grimy.

While settling in to the room we noticed a regular drip of water against the window that seemed to be coming from the air conditioner in the room above. There was an ugly brown smear on the window which suggested it wasn't just a temporary drip. The idea of listening to the sound for 5 nights wasn't fun so we called the front desk and asked for it to be looked at.

When it was determined nothing could be done we moved rooms. The second room was a bit bigger and the wifi worked much better so we were happy however both rooms were old and run down and not very clean. We kept our shoes on because the floors were so gritty.

The unusual decor in the rooms seems to be there just to distract from the condition. If there weren't the wacky blue lights and the random net curtains on every wall, aside from the amazing views, nice bed & flat screen tv it's pretty much like a cheap motel but at resort prices.

Both rooms, I assume all rooms had it, had a random pile of 3 books. Another silly decor distraction. I guess some people think it's cute and boutiquey but it sort of just highlighted the complete lack of storage in the room. I'm not someone who unpacks generally but this was really lacking even for me.

The lifts were really slow which was frustrating and they had a bizarre water feature thing in them which again was grimy.

The clock in the room was wrong and we couldn't work out how to change it. It's details like that that I think would be better to sort out than having random books in the room.

One of the most annoying things was that there are NO spare power points in the room. To plug in chargers, etc we had to reach behind furniture and unplug lamps.

Again, location and service were great but we just couldn't stay there for the full 5 nights, especially at the price we were paying. We checked out and moved to a hotel further from the beach that was better and cheaper.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank jayarbee
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello Jayarbee, Your title for this review is disturbing to us; it is not who we are. It's always off-putting to hear that we have missed the mark with one of our guests. We apologize that your experience did not go over as well as either one of us would have hoped. Boutique hotels offer a particular style, feel & vibe that are not always to everyone likes; we understand that. We will share your comments with our team to check on the areas where we can improve. On a better note, we were happy to hear you appreciated our location and staff.
All the best,
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here for one week in August. We were supposed to stay for 13 nights, but we opted to change hotels after 7 nights. We had chosen this hotel based on the reviews we had read. On the plus side, the property sits on a very nice beach. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Our biggest complaint was the uncleanliness of our room. The floor was gritty and dirty and had not been swept nor mopped until we complained to management. On our last night there, it was nice to feel a clean floor under our feet. There are no "grounds" to this hotel. No place to sit or hang out really unless you go to the rooftop bar. There is no real lobby. One of the elevators was out of service during our entire stay and sometimes the wait to get up to our room was quite long. The staff here really do try to impress and accommodate their guests but we felt they could benefit from quality control. Our window leaked every time it rained and we had to use our bath towels to mop it up to avoid slipping. I am not a negative person and I don't like to write negative reviews. I just have to say that this was not a great choice for us but we did not let it ruin our trip to Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: Stay away from the upper floors on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. The music is very loud.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Marla R
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback, while it was unsettling none the less. I would like to discuss this in more detail personally with you at your convenience. Service is the cornerstone of WBC's success and we are driven to follow up relentlessly. Please contact me anytime at vconcepcion@waterbeachhotel.com. I'll look forward to hearing from you.
Yours in hospitality,
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My mama and I stayed here from aug 11th- the 25th. When we arrived the staff was so friendly and warm. The beach is a five step walk from the hotel lol. The house keeper Lourdes Jimenez is amazing!!!!! She kept our room so clean. And she is very friendly. If you plan on staying here stay on the 8th floor so you could experience the wonderful service of Lourdes Jimenez. Bring a lot of money you will need it.

• Stayed August 2014
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thanks for the FIVE STARS; we loved it when we get superb reviews on trip advisor. We strive to add a personal touch and give the genuine and friendly service that hits the hearts of our guests; we’re so happy to hear that our “Star” Lourdes Jimenez did just that!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!