“Great Stay!!!!!!!”

San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This hotel was great! Vacation time stayed for 5 days.
The staff was so friendly and helpful especially Jose.The hotel had a modern hip feel. The atmosphere very cool and laid back. The Beach only steps away was Beautiful and clean. Roof top view from the hotel is amazing. First time on vacation and it was definitely a great experience and stay. The concierge Lola set up our day trip to the rainforest which was awesome. We would definitely be back soon! WBCH Rocks!

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and have a very cool look. Beds are so soft.
5  Thank MadeeRod
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you.
I know firsthand how much we try at The WBC to exceed our guests’ expectations, a review such as yours make all the effort worth it.
I hope you can make it back very soon; can't wait to welcome you back.
Yours in hospitality,
Virna

Write a ReviewReviews (1,398)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Pros: great location, friendly service, absolutely lovely beach, beach chairs and umbrellas are readily available, rooftop pool is never crowded, view from the roof is spectacular

Cons: noisy air conditioning, room never got completely dark (there was a gap at the top of the shades that let in light), gym barely adequate, lighting in room and hallways is unusual, breakfast buffet could use some additions, music throughout the building is repetitive and monotonous

6  Thank DogLoverDebbie

Service is the cornerstone of WBC's success and we are driven to follow up relentlessly on service lapses. I have shared your review with the entire team and have specifically addressed some of the items you detailed. On another note; we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again.
Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The San Juan WBCH is by far the coolest hotel I've stayed in-- granted, I haven't stayed in many hotels, but I can't imagine how it could be cooler. Pretty much everything was dimly lit with lots of cool neon lights-- the elevator had a water wall behind it and a clear glass ceiling. One whole side of my room was a wall of windows covered by white curtains and the opposite side of the wall was also covered with white curtains and back lit by blue neon lights. The room was large- I had a king size bed, and the room had desk behind the bed, a small chair, and a flat screen TV. The floor in the room is all tile. You get robes to wear for your stay and a coffee maker in the bathroom. The down sides to the room were that the bed was a little springy, but I slept fine, and the shower head was so so and the shower did not have a door to close. Bottled water is provided in the room, but is extra. The hotel itself is RIGHT on the beach, which was wonderful. I prefer the beach at Isla Verde to Condado because the slope into the water is much better for the wary swimmer. They have towel service on the beach and you can get towels from the front desk after a certain hour. The hotel has a roof top lounge with a great view. I ate at the lounge (had the sliders) and it was a decent portion. The service was great too! Front desk staff, Isis, was very friendly and answered all my questions. The wait staff and the bellhops/porters were very nice too. Despite its charms, I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for something traditional and cozy-- but if you'd like cool and trendy and right on the beach this is for you.

Room Tip: At least on the lower floors, rooms on the left side of the hotel (the left side facing the beach...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank harvesttraveler

Wow! Sounds like you experienced a perfect stay! Thank you for your visit. We are very glad to hear that team members contributed in making your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The sea is clear in this great place.
The Club Hotel , one of my best experiences, in Puerto Rico!
I hope in few I will return with the kids to this nice place!
Food is ok,
I wish for all my friends this place ! :-)

Room Tip: Nice place
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank George M M
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you...We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed our staff and service. I hope to see you again soon. Let me know when you are coming back so I can give you a warm welcome back.
Warmly,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with family in mid August. Affordable hotel only a 5 min drive from the airport, directly on the beach. Staff was super helpful, friendly and took care of all our needs. Rooms are not huge, but was clean and had nice décor. Rooftop bar is nice with amazing views of the ocean and city. The pool is small, but the beach is 50 yards from the hotel. Beach attendants were great with setting up chairs and umbrellas, as well as getting us waitress service. Hotel is a short walk to El San Juan Hotel (Starbucks), Walgreens and a good bar/restaurant 'El Alambigue' along with many other options. Overall it was a good stay, was very cost effective and would return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Anthony F
virna c, Guest Services Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time in writing your review. We always appreciate the feedback. We are so happy to hear your enjoyed your stay. We hope you have a chance to come back and see us again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent a few nights here and overall it was a great hotel. Nice easy access to beach and walkway right next to the hotel that brings you down by the street area where you can walk the city. Our room was ocean view so it was spectacular to sew first thing when you wake up in the a.m. they even give you beach towels and have a guy set up the chaira and unbrella for you. My only gripe is that our toilet ended up not flushing and had the guy come in not once but twice in one day. The smoke detector was out of it's place (fire hazard?) and the walls were a bit thin. We could hear the family's conversation next door clearly. It was a bit loud..The rooftop had a nice little dipping pool that overlooks the ocean. Overall we would be back..

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leiskye

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back, hopefully next time you can fully experience what the San Juan Water Beach Club Hotel has to offer. Please contact me at vconcepcion@waterbeachhotel.com on your next return; I will be happy to be your WBC ally and make sure you have the best stay ever.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

What a great Hotel. From the beginning we experienced nothing but pleasure. Juan was so responsive and helpful when we made our reservation and remembered us when we checked in. Lola, the concierge, was so helpful. Always full of ideas and always with a beautiful smile.
The location is perfect on one of the best beaches in San Juan. You simply walk out the door and there you are. The Beach Staff was always attentive and Mildred was always available to place your drink and food orders.

For those of you expecting the lap of luxury you need to know that this is a beach hotel. The rooms are cement and tile. The views are amazing. But they are clean and very hip...stylish.
The roof top bar was great. You're a block away from two Casino's and there are plenty of restaurants very near.

I can't say enough about our stay here. It was really one of the best vacations I've ever had and the staff was a big part of that.

As for the cost...this is an exceptional value in my book. To be literally on the beach...the price was amazing.

3  Thank Zane P

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to have you here and I hope you can make it back to The WBC very soon for another stay. I love it that you enjoyed our property, service and best of all our staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
#5 of 48 in San Juan
InterContinental San Juan
InterContinental San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!