“Always a pleasure to stay at El Patio!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Verde
El Patio Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Isla Verde B&B and Inns
U.S. Virgin Islands
“Always a pleasure to stay at El Patio!”
Reviewed 3 April 2011

This was my third time staying here and as usual the owner Dona Angela is a sweetheart. She is always willing to accommodate my needs since I am disabled, and she always has time to chat with me and my friend about areas where we should go and visit. She is always helpful, and I don't see her as the owner, I see her more like my grandmother part of my family. It is always a pleasure staying there and when we leave she always showers us with blessings and tells us how much she wants to see us back there again. Oh and the pool is totally awesome.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank SiyahsEmpress

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 28 January 2011

My least favorite part of Puerto Rico is San Juan. That being said, when our flight was canceled last minute because of weather, we were in a frenzy trying to find a place that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg (chain hotel). Luckily, within seconds I was able to do a quick search on my phone, and found El Patio Guest House (only a 5 minute drive from the San Juan Airport). We called over, and a sweet bi-lingual older woman answered. She said the last minute accommodations wouldn't be a problem (at the time rooms ran from $60-$100, and we lucked out with the lower end deal).

When we arrived, the hostess was sitting in her chair by the gate along with her small friendly Yorkshire mix and parrot. She gladly let us in, and showed us to our room. We walked through the open common area / patio, were shown the community kitchen, and once we dropped our bags went straight to the pool area.

The rooms were nothing to write home about (quite small), but included a comfortable bed, small refrigerator and TV, air conditioner, and a clean bathroom. There were no bells and whistles, which was fine by our standards, but may be too little for some.

They had a ping-pong table, and I believe they had a volleyball area, as well as a basketball net set up. We also saw a few bikes, but I'm not 100% sure if they were for the guests.

The beach is "a short five minute walk" away. You have to walk down 2 or three blocks, and then over an overpass, then down a path to the beach. The beach seemed like a typical "San Juan hotel-beach" to us.

Taking the same route to the beach path, if you walk down the strip there, you'll find a handful of restaurants that won't be too scary to the average San Juan tourist. All seemed reasonably priced.

Come check out time the following day (1pm) we asked if we could stay on the premises until 3pm as our flight wasn't until 5. We we're told it wouldn't be a problem, and when we were ready, she would call us a taxi.

As I mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of San Juan as it's too much like any other city in the world. But if we're ever stuck there again, El Patio Guest House will be first on my list of places to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank enjoirock
Cayey, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I stayed for 6 nights at this place. It is very clean. The pool was nice. The room was clean and the shower too. Small tv but great A/C. Good location. Sweet and nice people.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Khefren B
Basseterre
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Very Love Owner. Very Quiet , Clean and cool place. I would be staying there any time i have to stay in P.R.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank JuniorB101
st. croix virgin islands
Reviewed 14 April 2010

My name is Maria I stayed at el patio in feb. 2010 for 4 days with a friend. We went to puerto rico to see the masso homes. The owner at el patio new english what a relief. She was very friendly she has a bird under the porch loved the bird and the little dog. The room, pool, and kitchen is very clean. The beds were made everyday, and we received fresh and ample towels. AC was nice and cold great litle place to stay. The owner doesn't try to kill you with little hidden charges. I went to St. Thomas one time and got one quoted price on the phone and in person I received all types of fees that were rediculous. I am planning a trip for the summer and I hope she has room for myself and my family. I went to puerto rico with siyahsfire. my best friend.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank bwia2002
U.S. Virgin Islands
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I stayed at El Patio for four days, three nights and I would do it all over again. Price is great, adorable owner is friendly and very helpful, and the pool is great too. Room is very clean, AC is super cold and it has cable TV and a small fridge. Has a kitchenette outside the room, very clean too. They change towels and throw the garbage each day. Very nice, love it, and would be back there again soon....

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank SiyahsEmpress
Worcester, MA
Reviewed 10 January 2010

It was only $69 for a double (twin beds) and $60 for a single. Walking distance to the beach (5 min). Only 10 rooms, so you have the pool to yourselves. The pool is small, but big enough to cool off after a hot day with a number of deck chairs to read and relax in. There is a small kitchenette to save on meals. The room looked like it hadn't been updated since the 50's, but it was clean and the bed was more comfortable than it looked. I gave my friend (he was on a stricter budget than me) on the twin beds, but I'm a big guy and I slept fine, so I saved the cash and they weren't bad. Angela, the owner, is friendly and helpful. It's a short walk (less than 5 min) to the bus to old San Juan and there are a number of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to El Patio Guest House? Share your experiences!