Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
US$108
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,888 results
All reviewssirena restaurantswim up barold san juanclose to the airportoutdoor restaurantbug sprayocean frontpartial ocean viewpool areasalsa dancingbreakfast buffetisla verde beachhear planesresort feechairs and umbrellassmall casinopalm trees
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just returned from a four day stay with a group of mature women. The staff ( from the GM down to the beach attendants ) were the best, friendly, attentive and never bothered by whatever the group needed. We were treated like queens. The beach is fantastic with plenty of towels, lounge chairs and staff for assistance. Yes, the hotel is very close to the airport but the plane noise is intermittent and not a bother. There was music in the bar every night and quite a robust Latin dancing scene. The hotel could use some updating but it is such a pleasant, happy place that you soon don't even notice. It was four days of paradise and we could not have been happier.

Room Tip: We had ocean view rooms but understand that some rooms that are not on the ocean have a less than attractive view. We spent so little time in the room that it would not matter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Great hotel with ocean-view room, and I could see El Yunque rainforest every day from the large window on the 10th floor hallway! Friendly staff, and I loved the live Latin music & dancing in the Picante bar. Amazing beach views from the outdoor restaurant, bar & lounge areas--I grabbed breakfast every morning from Bananas's snack bar and ate here--wonderfully quiet and great way to start the day. Also a great place to wind down in the evening, and I saw a couple having a romantic dinner set-up right on the beach, surrounded by candles. Beautiful pool area and swim-up bar area, too. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor so that you can watch the sun rise over El Yunque from the large windows near the elevators!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My family and I stayed 5 nights there last month booking three rooms. I stay at Marriotts regularly throughout the US, Caribbean, and Mexico so I think I have a pretty good handle on evaluating them. First, the good. The staff was excellent. A little slow at check in but very friendly and they tried hard to be helpful and responsive. Terry (a male) at the outside bar was terrific. Very helpful in recommending a restaurant in Old San Juan, a great bartender, and just generally sincerely super nice. Really, everyone we encountered was quite good. More good, all the meals we had there were good. We had two dinners (one at each restaurant) and one breakfast there. The beach is one of the best in San Juan. Great boogie boarding for kids or adults (a reasonable $10 rental). Surf boards are also available. You walk out of the lobby and are on the beach 20 feet later. Awesome. The lounge/bar was rocking over the weekend. Live bands and lots of fun. The rooms were clean and comfortable but it's time for an update. Bathrooms and other fixtures are outdated. Location is ok. Convenient to the airport (some jet noise) but it's a hike to Isla Verde convenience stores, shops, and restaurants (one trade off for the good beach location). The not-so-good, one of the reasons we chose the hotel was the combination of a great beach and nice pool with a swim up bar, regular bar, full food service etc. We were VERY DISAPPOINTED to find out at check in that the pool area just started being re-constructed. They have walled off part of the pool at a narrow swim-through to keep about a third of the pool open but the main area (including the bar) is closed for construction. When one side is done they will switch to remodeling the other. Marriotts, most hotels in fact, typically note these things on their websites. It wasn't and isn't. I even called a few days before arrival to ask about the amenities and it wasn't mentioned then. When we did try to relax at the pool jackhammers, drills, and sandblasters were running most of the time. I understand that remodeling needs to occur but at least notify potential guests on the website! Even while we were on our 8th floor balcony the noise was noticeable. The hotel said 6 weeks but I talked to one of the workers who told me more like 3 months which will put the conclusion in early January 2014. I'm sure it will be great when it's done but we probably would have stayed elsewhere had we known in advance. There is no gift/convenience store either. It's closed and supposed to be redone too (contributes to the issue of a long walk to a Walgreens for a Diet Coke). Due to the great staff, beach, and food/lounge entertainment we still had a positive experience. I would have given them a 4 instead of a 3 if it wasn't for the pool issue. To the management, put a notice about pool construction on your website!

Room Tip: Rooms to the west would have the better view except the condo building immediately to that side is a bit of an eyesore and its window units are somewhat noisy. East view is fine although the front-facing suites are the best (if affordable).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelSaluki
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Good Afternoon Travel Saluki,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We will definitely recognize Terry for his outstanding customer service. I would like to apologize for the revamping of the pool area. We have already reopened the section of the pool where the pool grill and swim up bar is located. This area has been completely refreshed providing a vibrant look and feel. The pool will reopen completely for Thanksgiving weekend. We can send you pictures of the progress, if you would like. I hope that you can come back and enjoy the new pool. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. If I can be of additional assistance, please do not hesitate in contacting me. You may reach me at 787-648-8834 or Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com.
Have a great weekend,
Henry E. Neumann

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Overall experience was great. Close to the airport, right on the beach, with a very active and entertaining lounge. Front desk was a little slow at check in, but think that is more of the way the whole island operates vs. anything wrong with the staff who were VERY friendly and helpful. Anyway, room was fine; bed very comfortable, nice big TV, small fridge. Upon checkout, the $149/night we thought we were paying became closer to $200. $25 a night fee for extra person (never heard of this one before!!). 20 something resort fee, $20 govt fee. So just be aware of this. I was able to speak to a very nice woman at the front desk (Natalia) who did remove the $25 extra person fee, but just make sure you take a close look at your bill. Taxi from airport was about $15 (they charge $12 but add $1 per bag fee). Also, airport is right across the street so there are times during the day when the sound of planes is near deafening!! There were several cats out on the beach, which I was told are there to keep Iguanas away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Overall, everything was fantastic at this resort. At Sirena Restaurant, I ordered Lobster Bisque and was amazed that chunks of a whole lobster tail was in it! Although it is a resort in a prime location, I found prices reasonable. Even the locals come to enjoy the music, dancing, dining and festive atmosphere. I will only go to this place whenever I travel to Puerto Rico!

Room Tip: Had great views from a higher room, ocean view with balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo