This was not a vacation where we were looking for luxury. We have done that at Fairmont Banff, Canada. This was a vacation to be on a beach and this hotel fulfilled that wish. Yes, this place is stone throw away from the Airport but if you have room that faces the beach and you close the doors at night, you cannot hear any airport noise. Let me start by saying that we are not very finicky people, we make do as long as nothing is life-threatening. The hotel is a COURTYARD, so don't expect Ritz Carlton style luxury. This hotel is a block away from the Carlton but with better views of the water. We stayed in room 825 and faced the water. The check in was seamless, no problems at all. The view in the morning was priceless. You see the ocean till the eye can travel. The housekeeping was adequate. We made sure we paid a tip every morning, in advance and then we would get anything that we asked for. At one point there were 9 bath towels in the room for 3 people. You get what you pay for!!!! You treat them well and they treat you well.
The beach is very nice, with plenty of chairs and stools and umbrellas that the hotel provides. The hammocks are a good place to relax too. On weekends they have a bracelet system that works well. The beach towels were really nice. In general the staff was very courteous and helpful. We did not encounter any rude people.
The one thing this place needs to improve upon is the eating options. The restaurants are very average. Serina was a good place but way too pricey for the quality. The location of the restaurant is excellent. It’s practically on the beach, with very good seating options. There is a bar in this restaurant too, which is also pretty good. We had some Mojitos here that were excellent.
All and All this was a great place for our vacation and we would go back to this hotel the next time we are in San Juan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort
- Marriott Carolina
- Courtyard Carolina
- Carolina Marriott
- Carolina Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico