“Cozy, family-friendly, great beach location”

Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I travel here once a month and this is my go-to hotel. There are fancier hotels nearby, but this is more comfortable and relaxed. It's a full service Courtyard, with a casino, lobby bar, Buffet style restaurant, outside restaurant and a pool bar, complete with swim up pool bar stools! I feel very safe here and have brought family and friends to visit as well. The staff is fantastic and remember me by name every month. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator rooms and rooms near housekeeping if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Amy C
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thanks for being such a loyal customer; I am happy to know that we are your “go-to” hotel. For you future trips please feel free to contact me at 787-648-8834 or hneumann@sjcourtyard.com.

Warmly,

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the street was not expecting much from this hotel. Was a business trip and booked by a 3rd party agency. Close to the airport - wsa thinking it would be pretty blah. What a surprise to find it was actually right on the beach with beautiful views. It's currently under going construction which makes it noisy and the main entrace was partially blocked when we were staying there. My room was not wonderful for a view (2nd floor - over the loading dock) but was at least set at an angle to where I could see a little sliver of ocean. They do the beach front well - with restaurants on the terrace. Could use a little better service - oh how I would have liked someone to offer me a cold beverage while I was getting my 30 min break in the hammock! The lunch menu is limited on the terrace restuarant (may have been larger inside but I wanted to sit by the ocean), but the dinner munu was more expansive, and the lobster bisque soup was fantastic. Was tipped by a co-worker that it was a meal in itself, and it was. Not much choice on shopping - just one small store. I'm not really interested in the casino, so that was of no use to me. Good coffee bar in the lobby. Yes, close to the airport was loud with air traffic, but overall it was a really nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Terri H

It is good to hear that the hotel was a pleasant surprise. I am happy that you were able to enjoy yourself during your business trip! For you next booking please feel free to contact me at 787-648-8834 or hneumann@sjcourtyard.com.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in San Juan, like Marriott Stellaris ( 3 times), Verdanza, Sheraton Old San Juan, El Caribe Hilton, all of them good hotels, except for El Caribe Hilton which was like a train station, and the HiltonHonours room where not as good as those in the main wing (Tower).
But, now I have found the hotel which I will use for my next cruises: Courtyard Isla Verde. Stayed in room 1222, fine view of the beach, and yes, there were some noise from the airport, but when the airplanes passed our hotel, they did not make much noise as they do back by Hampton and El San Juan hotel.
Room was very nice, and the pool and the beach area was the best I have seen so far.
There is an inexpensive restaurant inside the hotel, and there is a nice restaurant outside. And a poll restaurant.

Room Tip: The rooms facing away from Old San Juan have unobstructed view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Svein

I am so happy that you found the perfect hotel for your next cruises. When planning your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me.
Warmly,
787-648-8834
hneumann@sjcourtyard.com

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a fabulous 5 day trip at the Isla Verde Courtyard Marriott Resort in Puerto Rico. This was our third trip to this resort. Each time is better than the last! The location is perfect! It is only 10-15 minutes from the San Juan airport to the gorgeous beaches at this beachfront resort. Everything was wonderful from the moment we arrived at the hotel until we were sadly leaving for the airport. The staff at the hotel goes out of their way to please their guests. The front desk staff is so helpful and friendly. The restaurants in the hotel were very good. The first night we ate dinner at the hotel in Sirena’s, outdoors, next to the sand, looking out to the ocean. The food and service was great.

We spent most of our time enjoying the beach. The staff at the beach happily greeted us each day to set us up with beach chairs and an umbrella (no additional charge for this service). There is beach service for drinks and food too. We had lunch and drinks on the beach a couple of days and it was really good. There is also a very nice heated pool with a swim-up pool bar.

Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean. The housekeeping staff always did a very nice job preparing our room each day.
The favorite part of our trip was listening to the live bands in the hotel lobby next to the dance floor. The Latin dancing was outstanding. From the locals to the tourists, the place was alive with dancing!

We spent a little time in the casino. I am not a big gambler but occasionally I do enjoy a game of Black Jack. The tables are very reasonably priced. I was able to play on a $5 Black Jack table.

Our favorites: Yanira Quiñones, Assistant Front Office Manager at the Courtyard Marriott, Ramon , the taxi driver who drove us to/from airport and every place in between (cab #84, phone: (787)210-8580), Lunch at Oceano restaurant in Condado (ask for David Jose), Dinner at the Parrot Club in Old San Juan (ask for Jose), Lunch at La Playita (just a walk on the beach from the hotel).

It was such a great get away! We already have a reservation to return in November with friends.

My only suggestion for improvement at the hotel would be to bring back the Thursday night Salsa lessons.

Thank you Yanira for making our trip so special!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E F
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I am thrilled to hear that you and your husband had a fantastic time with us! Did you know that we are renovating our room as we speak and we plan to have them ready for your next trip in November? I am sure that you will be blown away with our new chic and modern rooms. This time will definitely be better than the last! Please do not hesitate to contact me for any additional assistance with your next stay.
Regards,
787-648-8834
hneumann@sjcourtyard.com

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I selected this hotel for the location and I usually stay at Marriott hotels. The place really needs renovation. The rooms are old, the carpet was dirty and very old. I was upset because when I made the reservation I wasn't told that the place is under renovation. The construction noise was really bad. The internet is very slow, we had to go to the lobby to be able to read our emails.

The beach is clean and beautiful. The food in the hotel is horrible and very expensive. The gym was small but the machines are new and it was very clean. The hotel has a bar with a good variety of drinks, Carlos the bartender is very nice and his piña colada is perfect!

The staff at the snack bar Bananas have excellent customer service!!! Stephanie, Cesar and Tanellys were very attentive, friendly and they go out of their way to serve the customers.

The hotel needs the renovation and they also need to improve the quality of the food serve at both of the restaurants, I placed and order at the pool restaurant when I first arrived to the hotel, the food was horrible and I didn't go back after that.

It's hard to recommend this hotel while in this conditions. After the renovation this will be an excellent place due to the location, beaches and customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ninoska G

As stated in your review, we are currently in the middle of a 10 million dollar renovation project. This project will positively impact all of our guest rooms, guest hallways, and lobby. Thank you for highlighting our customer service, beach and location. We will recognize the team members mentioned in your review. If I can be of assistance in the future, please let me know. You may reach me at Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com or 787-648-8834.
Have a great day!!
Assistant General Manger

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Adequate. No airport shuttle though which is odd. This is the hotel on beach right between airport and beach, 7 min drive to terminal, 20 minute drive to old San Juan . Pool was nice, food just ok. Rooms clean but a bit noisy next to airport but not objectionably. Lobby has a small casino. Beach is public but they have adequate security. Nice breeze side shore. Saw a number of windsurfers as conditions looked ideal

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christopher K
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

I am glad to hear that you had a nice stop at the hotel before heading back home. I would like to point out that we have invested 10 million dollars into the property in order to remodel all of our guest rooms. This very exciting project is currently underway. If I can be of assistance, please let me know. You may contact me at Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com or 787-648-8834.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and don't stay at this hotel. Hotel is ordinary, rooms are less than ordinary. Beach was nice but the bugs were horrible. The worst part is the MORONS who do the billing. They tried to overcharge us and everyone in our wedding party. Not only that, when we got there they told us they lost our reservation for the reception dinner. REALY? We made reception dinner plans for a restaurant down the street right on the water. Now 3 months later they are still trying to bill me for a room I already paid for. After hours of proving to them that the bill was paid for, I had credit card company explain to their management on how to do they're job and retrieve the payment from marriotts bank. WOW!! Check your bills and your statements when you are there and when you are home due to false charges. Look elsewhere to stay, take my advice.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Devoma

I would like to learn more about your situation. Please allow me to assist you with it. Feel free to contact me directly at Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com or 787-648-8834.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Assistant General Manager

The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!