We stayed in a hotel in the Caribbean for the first time. The price of this hotel is definitely better then the others down the beach. It has a nice resort feel to it. I'll start with the staff- had nothing but positive experiences the entire time(best service and hardest workers were definitely the two beach chair/umbrella guys on the beach. They were not treated well by obnoxious, we own the world, kiss my ring guests but never, EVER were anything but courteous. Anyway, drink service is ok, a bit under staffed I thought but doable. The chairs, as usual, are reserved by too many people who have their towels sitting in the sun while they are nowhere to be found. If you're looking for a chair at peak hours after 10-10:30 am it got a little dicey.
Food at the Marriott was good, but not great and a little pricey but not as bad as it can be. I absolutely suggest heading about 1/2 mile to a mile up the street towards Old San Juan. The local places are stupendous, more affordable, but depending on the place can be pretty slow. I would not recommend a cab as they are rather expensive and because it's a tourist zone police are everywhere. Walking is better for you anyway. If you are going to Old San Juan take the bus that passes by about twice and hour. It's the difference of a 5 dollar round trip vs about 80. The whole area is bilingual because it's such a tourist zone. There is easy access to a Walgreens, chain restaurants (no need but if you must) and a small supermarket.
We were there on Easter weekend so Live Salsa bands played in the hotel bar but I think that usual not just because of the holiday. Drinks there are good but pretty pricey.
Pool bar had best drinks in our view, but limited options.
One last note, no see-um bug bites were nasty. Either bring bug spray in carry-on or go to Walgreens. By the early evening, you will be covered in bites. Oh and FYI- the hotel is right next to the airport. Yes, right next to it so it a plane taking off is a deal killer for you, stay away. Inside you don't hear much but outside you definitely do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in Carolina San Juan, Puerto Rico, newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. Enjoy our setting just a short distance from Old San Juan, El Yunque rainforest and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort
- Courtyard Carolina
- Marriott Carolina
- Carolina Courtyard
- Carolina Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico