“Amazing service, wonderful view... anticipating the renovation! ”

Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I had been in contact with this hotel the week of my trip just because some of the other reviews had me worried. Henry, AGM, assured me things would go well. Upon arrival, I met Orlando who made sure to introduce himself to me. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had an oceanfront room on the 5th floor, which had the most AMAZING view of the clear blue ocean. We visited the patio and beach side restaurants, good food, and you can't beat the area! Joe was a great bartender (at Sirena). There is a Walgreen with in walking distance if you forgot anything, which also sales alcohol if you want to make a good beverage in room. I will say I will be back, even if not for my wedding, we plan to make this an annual trip! I'm sitting here on the patio looking out at the ocean and wishing we had one more day! Can't wait to see this amazing place after the renovations!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am happy you liked your ocean front room; the view is breathtaking. As you mentioned, we are very excited about our new rooms. I am sure that when you come back you will truly find them amazing! Please feel free to contact me for your next trip; I look forward to seeing you here!

787-648-8834

Write a ReviewReviews (2,859)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This upscale beach resort has it all. The hotel is luxurious and has everything you might need for a beachfront getaway. Since it is only on the other side of the international airport runway, traffic is never a problem...it is only a quick cab ride. This does create some aircraft noise however but it is not offensive. The hotel is currently under renovation and will get better every day. The service and people are what makes this hotel special as well as excellent restaurants. The food is a bit pricey but well worth the extra expense as it is better quality than normal hotel food. The hotel and beach staff are friendly and energetic to do whatever is necessary to make you stay special. We will go back. They also give a senior room discount.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a beach view which is great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so happy you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay! As you mentioned we are currently under renovation and very excited about our new room product. The hotel will definitely get better every day. Please visit us again so that you can see our brand new rooms. I am sure you will be amazed! Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next trip.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute weekend getaway for me my mom and aunt since they flew in as a surprise. The check in process was a breeze, the rooms are very spacious (which I was worried about before checkin since we were all adults) it was perfect. The vending machines and ice machines always full. The service at the lobby area and the live salsa and merengue music super enjoyable and can't go wrong with a little casino action.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I am so glad to hear that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. When planning your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me at 787-648-8834 or hneumann@sjcourtyard.com

Reviewed 9 June 2014

my husband and i live in st. croix and travel to san juan 2 to 3 times a year. we have stayed at 8 different properties in the san juan area{including the ritz carlton} and have always felt this property offers all you need for agreat stay,except that the rooms,although always immaculate, needed up dating.we were trilled to hear about the room renovations . we will now not consider staying any place but here on our future trips! the beach, the pool area, the casino,resturants and outstanding service can not be beat. it is also no more than a 15 min walk to some of our other favorite resturants. my sister and i met here last week for a 3night stay and were concerned about the construction,which we would have never noticed. the manager mr. henry took care of us and made sure we had a room away from construction and upgraded us to oceanfront. be sure not to miss and evening meal at the sirena resturant,the view of the palms and beach at night was just beautiful and the lobster bisque was the best i have ever had.job well done mr. henry and staff! my husband and i will definitely be returning again late summer or early fall!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! As you mentioned, we are very excited about our new rooms. I am sure that when you come back you will truly find them amazing! Please feel free to contact me directly for your next trip. I look forward to seeing you here soon!

P.S. The lobster bisque from Sirena is one of my personal favorites!

My best,

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just spent a week at the Courtyard. Everything was terrific. The staff was so helpful. The food was very good as was the service. The beach was beautiful and clean. We will definitely keep coming back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

I am so happy you liked the hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact me when you come back.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had booked 3 rooms for 3 nights. Got $125 per night rate (excludes resort fees, taxes and parking). Breakfast not included.

Pros:
- Good private Beach
- Good price
- Hospitable staff

Cons:
- Nothing extra ordinary. In fact too ordinary for a Marriott
- Rooms are extremely standard (something you do not expect for a vacation place and in Courtyard. I have stayed at better rooms in Courtyard and hence this was not up to the mark)

Book/stay here only if you get a good deal. Pictures shown online do not give true picture of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashwin_Kalra
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

I truly appreciate your review as a Senior TripAdvisor Contributor. Thank you for highlighting the service provided by our staff and our wonderful beach, which is the best in the metropolitan area. We are in the process of renovating all our guest rooms, hallways and lobby. All of our guest rooms will be completely redone with the new Courtyard Room Package. This package has been modified by a famous Puerto Rican designer incorporating vibrant Caribbean elements into look and feel of the room. Please feel free to contact me for pictures for our model rooms. You may reach me at Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com or 787-648-8834.
Henry E. Neumann
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Hotel room was a little warm upon checking in. Put the a.c. on full blast and went out for two hours. When we returned, the room was still rather warm and had a musty smell. We called housekeeping and they sent somebody up right away. Turned out they had to install a whole new a.c unit. I thought they would change our room but they actually went to work on it with us in the room. They did a fairly quick job, so the whole thing was over in about half an hour. The hotel is a little far from restaurants unless you have a car. Otherwise its about a 15 - 20 minute walk and if you plan on walking from the hotel to the restaurants in the area at night, it is VERY DARK ! The casino was nice and the musical entertainment at the hotel was fun also. Not sure if I would want to stay there again considering the other options in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SmakFu

I am glad you enjoyed our casino and live music during the weekends. We are currently renovating the property. this 10 million dollar investment will rejuvenate all our guest rooms. hallways and lobby. The pool has already been remodeled and had been a big hit with our guests. I hope that you may give us another opportunity to be your hotel in the future. If I can be of assistance, please contact me at Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com or 787-648-8834.
From warm and sunny Puerto Rico,

TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
#3 of 13 in Isla Verde
Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!