“Great Hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The first thing that surprised me was that I didn't hear any air traffic...even though this hotel is right next to the airport! Lot's of restaurant options as a casino is part of the complex. Friendly staff, very clean, large room with a great view of the ocean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Rob W
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hey Rob! Honestly, I never really hear the airplane noise either! Thanks for sharing your comments.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a great resort with full beach services, there are very few of such resorts in San Juan, but prepare to pay for them in excess of $200. It is very similar to Sheraton Waikiki and the common price for that is $300 a night. This resort shows a great value at very reasonable price (below $150). It is full of restaurants but you can also buy your own food in the full scale grocery store, 15 min walking away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Yuri P

I couldn’t agree with you more! We definitely are a full scale resort and not your typical courtyard. Did you know that we are currently renovating our rooms? We will have a new and modern product that I’m sure will blow you away! If you decide to visit us again, please feel free to contact me at 787-648-8834 or hneumann@sjcourtyard.com.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel has everything you could ever ask for and more. Clean, convenient, friendly and attentive staff, pools, fitness center, bars, restaurants... enjoy a meal indoors or out, walk right on to sandy beach straight to the blue water. Beach chair service with umbrellas and servers to accommodate any request. Truly a wonderful and beautiful hotel.

Except for its proximity to the airport.

Mind you - I love everything aviation. I live near an airport and I work at an airport. So I am extremely forgiving when it comes to noise from an airport. I believe in the integrity of a good vacation review, so please understand that the airport is a few hundred yards from this hotel.

Our Ocean view room had a small balcony with two chairs. Very tight for two people, but we could see the Ocean in the morning and evening. However, we could also see the runway and the airport. To me, the view was awesome day and night. I love aviation and I thought it was just great. If you have Ocean front, you won't see the airport.

Our visit was Friday - Monday. Friday's flight traffic was the busiest. While on the beach you will clearly hear the planes run-up and taxi before take off. Depending on the wind, you will get the scent of AvGas/Jet Fuel whip by. From the beach you won
t see the planes, but you will hear them. Luckily the airport is not that busy, but busy enough. After while, you get used to it and don't even know it's going on in the background.

Until evening.

The flights seem to be more frequent and for some reason are REALLY loud between 2am-6am. I was shook awake at least twice every night.

The facility is beautiful - older building under renovation, but truly clean and pretty.

The casino is ok. I'm not a gambler and have no interest in casino's. It wasn't busy during the day, but picked up at night.

There is ATMs on site, but a staff member mentioned that we can ask the Casino cashier for cash on our bank cards with no charge. That was a pretty good tip and we took him up on that. Sure enough - handed our card to the cashier with ID and he gave us the amount we requested!

Salsa dancing and lessons every night! That was a blast! I can't dance, but everyone can shake! Definitely participate!

Massage on the beach is also available. A fair price and a good massage. Too bad planes were running up and you could smell the fuel...

Taxi ride to Old San Juan was $21.00 US - we were there in 20 minutes.

Our room was spacious and clean with plenty of outlets for charging our accessories. Fridge too small and wasn't cold. We used the ice machine to chill our items.

There is a Walgreens within walking distance so if you need to pick up anything, you can - even beer, wine and alcohol. We picked up some snacks and juice and made some drinks in the room and brought them down to the beach.

I love Puerto Rico and have never had a bad experience. This hotel and the staff are truly outstanding. I would definitely stay here again. Just be aware of the airport. It's the only tarnish on a 5 star review.

Room Tip: Be specific about ocean view and ocean front rooms. Of course, the higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Deborah-AnnB

Thanks Deborah for sharing you experience with us! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.
When you come back to Puerto Rico, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I had been in contact with this hotel the week of my trip just because some of the other reviews had me worried. Henry, AGM, assured me things would go well. Upon arrival, I met Orlando who made sure to introduce himself to me. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had an oceanfront room on the 5th floor, which had the most AMAZING view of the clear blue ocean. We visited the patio and beach side restaurants, good food, and you can't beat the area! Joe was a great bartender (at Sirena). There is a Walgreen with in walking distance if you forgot anything, which also sales alcohol if you want to make a good beverage in room. I will say I will be back, even if not for my wedding, we plan to make this an annual trip! I'm sitting here on the patio looking out at the ocean and wishing we had one more day! Can't wait to see this amazing place after the renovations!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am happy you liked your ocean front room; the view is breathtaking. As you mentioned, we are very excited about our new rooms. I am sure that when you come back you will truly find them amazing! Please feel free to contact me for your next trip; I look forward to seeing you here!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This upscale beach resort has it all. The hotel is luxurious and has everything you might need for a beachfront getaway. Since it is only on the other side of the international airport runway, traffic is never a problem...it is only a quick cab ride. This does create some aircraft noise however but it is not offensive. The hotel is currently under renovation and will get better every day. The service and people are what makes this hotel special as well as excellent restaurants. The food is a bit pricey but well worth the extra expense as it is better quality than normal hotel food. The hotel and beach staff are friendly and energetic to do whatever is necessary to make you stay special. We will go back. They also give a senior room discount.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a beach view which is great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so happy you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay! As you mentioned we are currently under renovation and very excited about our new room product. The hotel will definitely get better every day. Please visit us again so that you can see our brand new rooms. I am sure you will be amazed! Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next trip.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute weekend getaway for me my mom and aunt since they flew in as a surprise. The check in process was a breeze, the rooms are very spacious (which I was worried about before checkin since we were all adults) it was perfect. The vending machines and ice machines always full. The service at the lobby area and the live salsa and merengue music super enjoyable and can't go wrong with a little casino action.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I am so glad to hear that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. When planning your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me at 787-648-8834 or hneumann@sjcourtyard.com

Reviewed 9 June 2014

my husband and i live in st. croix and travel to san juan 2 to 3 times a year. we have stayed at 8 different properties in the san juan area{including the ritz carlton} and have always felt this property offers all you need for agreat stay,except that the rooms,although always immaculate, needed up dating.we were trilled to hear about the room renovations . we will now not consider staying any place but here on our future trips! the beach, the pool area, the casino,resturants and outstanding service can not be beat. it is also no more than a 15 min walk to some of our other favorite resturants. my sister and i met here last week for a 3night stay and were concerned about the construction,which we would have never noticed. the manager mr. henry took care of us and made sure we had a room away from construction and upgraded us to oceanfront. be sure not to miss and evening meal at the sirena resturant,the view of the palms and beach at night was just beautiful and the lobster bisque was the best i have ever had.job well done mr. henry and staff! my husband and i will definitely be returning again late summer or early fall!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! As you mentioned, we are very excited about our new rooms. I am sure that when you come back you will truly find them amazing! Please feel free to contact me directly for your next trip. I look forward to seeing you here soon!

P.S. The lobster bisque from Sirena is one of my personal favorites!

My best,

The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!