“Very nice Hotel, Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Very nice Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is 2 min drive from the airport but has a great beach access with a nice pool. The staff is very friendly at the check in Geraldine took very good care of us. Also you see the Assistant General Manager making his rounds and talking to guest making sure everything is as it is supposed. The Breakfast buffet was very good and the restaurant for dinner is also very good. The hotel is being remodeled but you could barley hear any noise at all. Once they remodel this hotel will be one o f the best choices in PR.

Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Carlos T
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Hi Carlos,
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are very excited about the 10 million dollar renovation currently taking place at the property, which will completely reenergize our guest rooms, hallways and main lobby. We look forward to your next visit. If you have questions about the renovations, please feel free to contact me directly at Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com or 787-648-8834.
From Beautiful Isla Verde Beach,
Henry Neumann
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel under construction. Only a few floors renovated. Some noticeable airplane noise from room. Room service breakfast was excellent and helpful staff. Beachside service was lacking. Casino was great with free drinks and sandwiches, live music and lots of locals. Outside hammocks and furniture were comfy. Beachfront restaurant was awesome and one of the few on the beach! A must for dining! Concierge was helpful with zip lining tour!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MavisJarvis
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We are currently in the process of renovating all of our guest rooms, hallways, and main lobby. This 10 million dollar investment will revamp the property giving it a vibrant tropical feel. Our pool and beach deck areas have already been remodeled and are a big hit with our guests. If you would like more information or pictures of our renovated rooms, please feel free to contact me at Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com or 787-648-8834.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Henry Neumann
Assistant General Manager
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by our most recent stay in Puerto Rico. I was a little apprehensive about booking there based on some of the reviews concerning the renovations occurring at the hotel. I had emailed the hotel and received a quick response from the assistant manager Henry Neumann. He assured me our stay would be comfortable and it was! The hotel grounds, pools, beach area and restaurants were impeccable. Everything we needed was right on sight, even a beach side massage, which we totally took advantage of. The staff was on point and very helpful. When we arrived our room refrigerator was not working, I called down to the desk and before I could hang up the phone the engineer was at the door. It was quickly replaced and no further issues. We had an amazing view of the beach and pool area and even the weather was perfect ( can't credit the hotel though LOL!) Honestly the accomodations were just as good or better then many of the much higher priced hotels in the area. It was truly a resort of resorts. I am already planning and looking forward to our next stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Isle Verde. Only wish I was able to meet Henry and thank him personally. Oh, did I mention we had live music on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of our visit right downstairs in the lounge.

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean views, but the higher and the closer to the beach the better the view.
3 Thank Susan C
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hi Susan! It is too bad we didn’t get to meet in person; I hope we can meet next time! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! For your next stay please feel free to contact me for the best rates and availability.
Warmly,
787-648-8834
hneumann@sjcourtyard.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

If I were rating this hotel based on just the people alone I would give it 5 stars. They were all incredibly nice and helpful. When we checked in we were greeted by a wonderful young lady who handed us an armload of folders with things to do on Puerto Rico. When we had trouble with the ac the first night we mentioned it at the desk and it was fixed immediately with a little note of apology left by the technician. When we went to the concierge (Kianna) she couldn't have been more helpful.

The beach here is incredible!! Soft white sand and turquoise water the temperature of a bathtub. It got a little crowded on the weekend and another guest said that her things had just been stolen off the beach which made us a little more alert but we experienced no issues.

The hotel is being renovated. We were given one of the renovated rooms which was very nice with a great bathroom. We were warned that we would probably hear the noise of the renovation going on on the floor below us and we did but since we were getting up early to do tours it didn't bother us.

It was amazing to me that this hotel (and all the others on Isla Verde) can have this incredible beach on one side and then the airport on the other. You can't hear the noise of the airplanes while in the room but if you plan on sitting on your terrace be warned, it's loud.

So what are the negatives? The airport noise is one. Nothing that can be done about that. The restaurants in the hotel are perfectly acceptable but nothing interesting. There are other restaurants within walking distance. The pool is not particularly large and is generally populated by young children (except for the bar area). My advice is, that even if you are traveling with children, hang out at the beach. I don't gamble so don't have anything to say about the casino. The area of Isla Verde has no shopping to speak of and it isn't particularly near anything of cultural interest -all that stuff is a cab ride away. And don't even think if using mass transit, it is non-existent.

In closing I'll just say that the quality of the people, the beach and the nice new rooms make this a great place to stay at good prices.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank julie V
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
It is great to hear the you enjoyed your brand new room!
Please contact me for your next visit at 787-648-8834 or hneumann@sjcourtyard.com.
Warmly,
Rahway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde with my boyfriend from July 19th to July 24th. This hotel is undergoing renovations, so before arriving I contacted the Manager (Mr.Neumann) to request one of the newly renovated rooms; he responded to my email promptly and was happy to switch the room for us.The room was great! Clean, comfy bed, small fridge, sofa with a pull-out bed, and even though it was a standard room, the balcony had a great view of the ocean and beach (the view is better from the higher floors - we stayed on floor 11 of 12).The pool and jacuzzi are open 24 hours and the staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful. Also, the hotel is in a great area (safe, too) in walking distance from many budget-friendly restaurants (Metropol, Basilia's, Las Canarias Bakery & Deli, Denny's). We didn't even eat at the hotel at all.

Some of the negative aspects of our stay:

On our first day we were excited to get drinks from the swim-up bar in the pool. Unfortunately, the bartender was extremely rude and didn't bother to acknowledge us for quite some time despite hardly anyone being at the bar. On our second attempt to get drinks, I sat at the bar for 15 minutes next to several other disgruntled, ignored patrons and again was not acknowledged by the same bartender. After another minute or so, she rudely told a group of women to close their tab because she was "going on break" and quickly left the bar area. Needless to say, we never got drinks there and didn't even bother coming to this bar again. Instead we went to the bar at Sirena (the hotel's open-air restaurant) where we were tended to quickly by the bartender who joked with us and made amazing $4 piña coladas during happy hour (he was awesome!)

The hotel is right outside the airport, so we did hear noise from airplanes taking off from relatively early in the morning and at night. It wasn't unbearable and I honestly got used to it, but it was pretty annoying when sitting out on the balcony.

The hotel is undergoing renovations and you will hear construction going on in the day. We didn't spend much time in the room so the noise wasn't an issue, but it could be a problem if you have small children who may need a nap during the day.

Room Tip: The top 2 or 3 floors are newly renovated and have great views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We are at the Courtyard Isla Verde right now!! Great hotel!! It is ON the beach. Pool open 24 hours. Sand, waves, jet ski, and surfing lessons all steps away. Hotel staff is friendly, welcoming, inspired to make sure you have a great stay. Thank you to Yonathan, Joe, Kiera, and everyone else at the Courtyard Isla Verde. And especially to Henry Neumann, Assistant General Manager. (He actually reads and answers emails.)

1 Thank Allan M
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi Allan! I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your stay so far! Please contact me for any additional assistance you may need during your stay with us.
Saludos,
787-648-8834
hneumann@sjcourtyard.com
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I arrived at the hotel on 7/11/14 with my grandkids for a five night stay. I was impressed with staff courtesy and availability. Our room was clean and comfortable. The best was the clean pool area and kids pool which my grandkids loved. I enjoyed getting up early and using gym facilities then hot tub all to myself. I was disappointed there was no arcade room for kids which I saw in the website. My only complaints is about the service at Picante. The cute bar area is very active on Friday and Saturday with live music and good salsa dancing. As I made my way to the bar on Saturday night I was looking forward to a cold drink. The kids were asleep and I needed alone time, I found it very difficult to get the attention of the three bartenders, even though the bar was not overflowing with customers. They were not looking around to see who needed a drink, just staring into space does not cut it. As I waited up to ten minutes to see if one of them one acknowledge me I realized they had no intention of doing so. After I while I decided to wave at them as to "Hello" but to no avail. After a while of feeling like Ms. America the female bartender glanced at me and walked over to me with an annoyed look. I had to shout across the bar, she would not even make an effort to lean over the bar to hear my order. As she went about filling out orders for the servers, she finally decided to make my drink which at this point I had lost all desire for. She made the drink then left it sitting there while she joked with the server, totally ignoring me. At this point I just wanted to walk away but decided not to as I want to have proof of her unprofessionalism. Tourism in Puerto Rico is hurting bad, it is because of this type of attitude that sticks out and leaves a very bad impression. My advise to theses bartenders, get another job.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Caribe Hilton San Juan
#19 of 46 in San Juan
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,667 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!