Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Baltimore
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We just stayed at this great hotel/resort. The location is near the airport, but was not an issue. The beach is beautiful with a white sandy beach. The staff was very accommodating and the restaurants served excellent food at reasonable prices. We ate on the patio to enjoy the beautiful scenery. The lobby was busy and lively at night with live salsa dancing. We did not partake, but enjoyed the vibe. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and would stay here again. As a side note - they are in the process of renovating the rooms. These look beautiful. We asked for an updated room, but instead were upgraded to a one bedroom oceanfront suite. Not sure if this was a language issue or if the updated rooms were not available. No complaints from us on this though as we had a terrace overlooking the ocean from the fifth floor. I would definitely ask for an updated room.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Tksizzle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed from 7/16-7/20, entire family flew in for my brothers wedding. Rooms are clean, hotel is under renovations. The staff is absolutely amazing! Brenda and Irene were in charge of the cleaning in our floor, these ladies went far and beyond to please us in every way. The waiters at the restaurant, we're also amazingly accomodating and friendly, As soon as they saw me strolling in at 6:30 am they had my coffee ready on the outside patio,thank you...Issac, Alejandro and Benjamin for all your attentions towards our family. Our waiter on Saturday for the lobster special was incredible...thanks Christian. The sous chef actually came out to redo my niece dinner, Great service and courtesy. Overall it was a great stay...after several days these amazing people treat you like family...and that is a great feeling. I will definitely will stay here again.

1 Thank SOYYO816
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The lobster at Sirena Restaurant is one of my personal favorites! For your next stay please contact me for rates and availability.
Warmly,
Henry
hneumann@sjcourtyard.com
787-648-8834
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Terrible stay at the Marriot Isla Verde. Construction noise was loud and constant. Although we were moved it did not help reducing the noise at all. When you come for a little R and R you do not expect loud noise all day everyday. Rooms were also dirty with dust on pictures and walls. Air conditioning had to be replaced as well as the hair dryer. Roaches were quite common especially in the bathroom. Management was totally ineffective as they all seemed to be quoting from a training manual.No common sense or genuine concern. Avoid at all costs!!!!!

1 Thank William T
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I wish we could have discussed your stay with us while you were on property. As mentioned, we are currently renovating all of our guest rooms and lobby for your future enjoyment. Through careful planning we have worked to reduce the impact of this renovation on our guests. Other reviews mention that they did not even notice the renovation taking place. We have a fumigation plan in place for the property with Terminix, a Worldwide Leader in Pest Control. Hopefully we can discuss your stay with us. I can be reached at Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com or 787-648-8834.
Have a great day,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a lovely beach hotel: the staff is wonderfully polite and solicitous. The proximity to the airport is a plus: it's so convenient, and yet airport noise is drowned out by the roaring surf from the ocean crashing onto the wide, sandy beach which is great for swimming, kiteboarding, body surfing, sun bathing and walking. Housekeeping staff was polite and helpful including Ana Garcia who was very competent and thorough in attending to the cleanliness and upkeep of the room. I highly recommend this hotel after a two-week stay in May 2014 and will be returning at the end of July 2014.

Room Tip: oceanfront and high-floor level
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Visitor_Florida2014
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The jet noise outways what the hotel has to offer, service, the worst, the food, marginal. Area outside hotel, major road, short walk to a couple of eateries, front entrance of hotel conjested and blocked by construction, rooms in big need of renovation, old muste smell. NEVER AGAIN

1 Thank ARNOLD E
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We are currently renovating the property for your future enjoyment. The 10 million dollar investment will upgrade all of our guest rooms and lobby. The pool and beach deck have been recently renovated. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at 787-648-8834 or Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the courtyard on the date of July 24-27. Upon my arrival I read the reviews about being renovated, airport noise, construction and the newly remodeled rooms, but I must say that I was concerned about those items after I was reading the reviews and my trip was only 2 weeks away. I then emailed Henry the general manager and he have done a great deal for me. My room was upgraded and while I was at the hotel I didn't hear any construction or see any workers, so that was a plus for me. Henry also accommodated me with a birthday treat by providing me with a bottle of wine and snack platter. The only negative thing I must say is that housekeeping was horrible. The housekeepers didn't have my room clean on the days I stayed until I asked them to in this was around 4 p.m in the afternoon. But overall great place and experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank mrwilson0724
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a great layover spot if you are headed to the southeastern Caribbean. Close to the airport ($12.00 USD taxi), clean rooms, several dinning options, on the water, and easy to get in and out of. I stayed on my way to Dominica and on my return two weeks later. The entire staff from check-in, to the bar, and the outside better dinning staff were all fantastic. Whomever the general manager is certainly has successfully taught the staff here the importance of a great attitude. I will stay again in a few months on my ay back and I hope that Aneysha checks me in as quickly and as friendly as she did last time, so nice. Thank you to the entire staff.

Room Tip: If you take a walk or run in the morning, facing the water go to your right, if you go left you will...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Henry N, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the service delivered by our staff. Aneysha has been recognized and rewarded. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any special requests for your return visit. You may contact me at Hneumann@sjcourtyard.com or 787-648-8834.
Enjoy Dominica!!
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!