“Outstanding restaurant - among the best anywhere”
Review of Zest Restaurant

Zest Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a fantastic dining experience. Being here in the off season, we didn't know what to expect - we were absolutely amazed. The food was so well done - presentation, pairing, preparation, all came together to rival some of the best dining any of us have ever experienced. The Sea Bass was clearly the highlight dish. It was the best meal of our trip, and the best we have had in either of trips to PR, and better than most of what we have had elsewhere, including the Culinary Institute of America restaurant in San Antonio (which specializes in Latin Cuisine). It is the can't miss dining place for Puerto Rico!

1  Thank tatteredflag

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was amazing. Everyone was so nice from the valet driver to the bus boy. Our server Edgardo was not only friendly but very helpful! We listened to his food suggestions--which were right on point. We loved the fish dishes; my favorite was the sea bass. My family of six also tried all five dessert options. Let me tell you that you could not go wrong there. Try the donuts or coconutty if you want something different! It's also a plus that they are so close to the beach.

1  Thank ELK1106
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is ethereal, modern and mostly white with accents of natural stone, metal sculpture and lighting that gives an underwater effect. The menu is creative rather than extensive. Food presentation is very attractive. My daughter enjoyed a very tender grass fed beef with bernaise sauce and zucchini slice and porcini mashed potatoes. Do not expect a pound of beef! This is gourmet, not gourmand! My sea bass was perfect! It fell away in layers, delicate but firm, almost like sea scallops. It was served on a bed of small diced, roasted, crunchy root vegetables with a smoked eggplant foam. Wonderful! My husband ordered the fresh fettuccine with crab, bacon and a creamy sauce and enjoyed it but regretted not being more adventurous. His popcorn soup, however, was quite original - somewhat like a bisque, creamy rich with a touch of truffle. Appetizers, main for 3 and a bottle of a NZ white (one of the less expensive wines) was about $175 before tip. A bit pricy but worth it for an elegant and creative dinner

1  Thank MarinaMay
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I wanted to try a new restaurant so I searched here in TA and the reviews of this place were pretty good, so my girlfriend and I decided to come and we don't regret it not a single bit! The host welcoming wasn't that good, she looked like she didn't wanted to be there, but our server service, Valeria or Valery was amazing! She was very welcoming, open to answer our questions, knowledgeable about every dish and drink and attentive. He food was crazy good! The tuna humo is soooo good! I could have two of those easily! The osso buco (I hope I spelled that correctly) was good, but the yogurt sauce that has on the bottom is very strong, it tasted to me like wasabi, but I loved it. The snapper dish was out of this world! Oh my God... The stock is crazy good! The filet mignon was good, but is a very common dish. From the deserts I tried the donuts with a tiramisu sorbet, super good! I would like my donut more fluffy, not moist like theirs, but I ate them all! Theres this thing like a lava cake with this basil sorbet if I'm correct, or cilantro sorbet, I don't remember, but what I do remember is that is one of the best sorbets I've try in my entire life! Oh man... Soo good! The drinks were creative and also nice and flavorful. The manager was very attentive to our experience and the food tasting and presentation. I definitely want to go back soon!

1  Thank ImMars
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed over night at a different hotel within walking distance of the restaurant. i ordered a Martini befoore dinner and it was a great pour for $9.00. You pay more in Phila. for a similar size. The meal was very good. i had the sea Bass. Great preparation. Prices were not outrageous..what you woould expect in a hotel restaurant. We would definitely go back.

1  Thank Soz