“Worth the visit”

Dining options: Breakfast
Broadbeach, Australia
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This highly recommended cafe did not disappoint. A Cuban sandwich for lunch and the special of whole cooked snapper with rice and beans for less that $15 is all that needs to be said. Friendly service and two sides of potato salad and cold shrimp seal the deal.

Visited April 2014

Matteson, IL
“Just okay...”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stopped by this bakery today while vacationing and it was just okay. I had the pound cake with guava and a cheese Danish. Neither were impressive. If you are nearby and want a pastry this may satisfy your sweet tooth but don't go out your way to make a special trip bc you will be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great for late night desserts”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We walked in the eve to get desserts and their pastries were delicious, and very reasonable. Wanted to come here for breakfast, much cheaper than hotel.

Visited April 2014
Woodstock, Georgia
“Rude, long wait, terrible pastries”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This place got great reviews, and is right next door to the Ritz, so we tried it out. The first visit, we just got pastries... It is after all, a bakery. They were terrible. Dry, crumbly, no flavor. Ugh. The next morning, we tried again, thinking maybe we had just come too late in the day. We got coffee and donuts. The coffee was mediocre and the donut was terrible.
Yesterday, I reread the reviews to see what we were missing. It sounded like the sandwiches were the best bet, so I went back to get a Cuban. I was there at 2pm, well after the lunch rush. There was no one ahead of me, although a couple people came in after. It took me 30 minutes to get my sandwich and fries. My Cuban sat on the counter for over 20 minutes, waiting on the fries. The wait staff were rude and never apologized for my order taking so long. After the long wait for the fries, they were fried to a crisp and pretty much unedible. On a bright note, the Cuban was absolutely delicious, one of the best I have ever had... And so huge, that had I known the size, would never have ordered the fries in the first place!
Bottom line, come here for the sandwiches, not for the pastries and certainly not for the service.

• Visited April 2014
Verona, Wisconsin
“Mom of teenagers”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Service was good. Very casual, which my kids prefer. Owner came out to see if we liked our food. He came out a second time with dessert on the house. It was a nice experience.