Coral by the Sea
US$392
US$332
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 October 2013

General nice. Great localization. Poor commitment of the cleaning staff. I'm allergic to dust. I remove and clean air condition filter. I left it in the bathroom to dry and no one take care of the issue. I have to put it back. Beyond that great food in the area and the dinner staff at Pio Bello Gelato is great. Good gelatos there!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jannette A
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Coral by the Sea is a very centrally located hotel in the isla verde area of san juan. it is on a strip with lots of food establishments, casinos etc so there is lots of activities going on and night life.
This hotel is not a 4 star hotel. It is comfortable enough to stay for a night or so. There is all the amenities and the room are clean and comfortable. For persons who are renting a car, there is complimentary, hassle free parking for guests so that is a plus. There is a restaurant adjoining the hotel that sells great food and they open late. Don't expect much when booking this hotel, it is just an inexpensive place to stay that is comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank vacaye
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I made the reservation on booking.com and added a note that we would be arriving late (after midnight). We arrived at the hotel approx. 1:45 am and there was NO one to check us in. I even stood in the lobby and called 3 times. I could hear the phone ringing, but no answer. Finally we just left and went down the road and got another room (of course spending three times as much, but we were exhausted and wanted to sleep). I called the hotel the next morning to make sure they didn't charge us. The lady tells me they will have to "investigate" why no one was there. A few days later I check my account and sure enough they charged me. I called again, gave the same info, and was told the manager was unavailable but would return my call. Never got a call. Not impressed with the management AT ALL if this is how they treat people. Don't waste your time OR your money. Since I didn't actually stay there, I can't really comment on any thing else.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Deanna C
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I just love these complainers who want a four star hotel for a price which is reasonable. You get what you pay for. I have stayed many times at Coral By the Sea Hotel never had a problem. The rooms were cleaned, a basic room like any hotel or motel on a interstate. Free parking and in Isle Verde walking distance from the beach and other activity hotels. So if you individuals who are complaining must not know what traveling is like since you are complaining. Coral by the Sea us a great buy, If you don't look it go spend 175 dollars or more a night a block away.. simple

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank MichaelCal
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This was a last minute trip & we had no problems. For the area the rates are great & it is a 5 minute walk to the beach. Our flight was delayed by almost 6 hours. We were supposed to check in at 5pm, but didn't get there until almost 2am. We had no problems with check in. We didn't expect much, we weren't anticipating spending too much time in the room. The beds were comfortable, the a/c was strong, which in Puerto Rico is a necessity. The room was clean. We only had 2 minor complaints. Parking is some what limited and we were only given 2 towels for 4 people but that was quickly corrected. There were lots of restaurants, bars & stores all within walking distance, and it is about a 7 minute drive from the airport. It's not flashy, but comfortable & perfect for those on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2013