Coral by the Sea
  • Beachfront
La Playita(Isla Verde)
Verdanza Hotel(Isla Verde)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014

i stayed here june 2013 for 5nights it was the cheapest hotel i could find in san juan which was $100 at last minute. basic hotel, the room was old and needs up to be dated but i enjoyed my stay here, the beach is walking distances ...... just walk in the ally to the beach. restaurant was okay down stairs. you can hear the planes landing/ taking off with loud engine sounds from my room but was not problem for me as i love airplanes. airfare was great on jetblue mco-san juan

Room Tip: no tip at all
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank American_Citizenship
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Awesome price area was good very close to the airport. The hotel and room 409 was not moldy or smelly. The hotel is doing upgrades, the bathroom was gorgeous. Would definitely stay and recommend. Sadly no pool but there were 2 restaurants attached which I didn't get a chance to visit

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharpeek
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I thought it was going to be a low quality stay for the price I payed, but it was definitely all the contrary, hot water ran great, parking spot available, great location...prices of the room service were expensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carlos D
Reviewed 18 May 2014

College guys looking for a spring break hotel - This is your pad. Romantics, or someone looking for style and class, move along... It took almost an hour to check into our hotel room. There were two people in front of us and I had prepaid. The pictures online, don't quite do it justice... it's not that nice. The Location, well I could argue the location both ways - You are at the end of the runway, but you are also only 2 blocks from the Ritz Carlton and several other high end hotels. If you are planning on spending all of your time on the beach, then this may be an option, but you may want to bring your own sheet to sleep on, mine had stains on it. I didn't really hear airplane noise, unless I was in the bathroom - then it was loud.

I had read another review which said "If you only have to spend one night there, its not that bad" I would agree with this statement... I was let down at check in and seeing the room... I dreaded the next day after hiking through El Yunque - knowing I had to go back. I seriously debated just camping in El Yunque.

There is also a cock fighting ring right across the street, two restaurants on the main floor, and the beach is only a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TryppAdams
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel is very close to the airport, an excellent place to overnight if necessary. It is a short cab ride, we had 2 bags and the fare was $14 each way. There was some airplane noise but I did not notice it between 9:30pm and 7:30am.
The hotel itself is basic; utilitarian and not at all fancy. I do not think it would be adequate for a long stay unless you only use it to sleep. It was day to day clean but could use a down deep sort of yearly type clean up. The bed was a bit hard but I slept well enough.
The staff were super nice which is always a plus.
There is a small cafe attached that made breakfast on the way to the airport easy.
I would stay here again if I had reason to be in San Juan over night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple