“Home made and Fresh!”

Mediterranean Cuisine Gyros
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Hookah and Martnini Bar.
“Home made and Fresh!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Everything is fresh, hot and nicely served. I definitely recommend the gyros, humus and the home made pitas. Mmm!

• Visited August 2014

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Every plate I've tried is excellent especially the new gyros and moussakka !!!!!!!!!!!'nnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!

“Excellent service food and prices!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I where lookin for something different to eat on a friday night so we went to Isla verde and found this little restaurant. The experience was amazing the food was delicious and the waiter Arnaldo is such an amazing guy, he explain the whole menu for us since this was our firts visit to a mediterranean rest and so he did we every one that enter the rest later on. Congrats and we wish u guy a lot of success. If u a reading this and are near or plan to be in Isla Verde Puerto Rico pleaseeee visit them you would looooved.

“The little turkish place that could”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

First off, just as the title suggests, this is a small place. Other than a few authentic-looking lamps and an assortment of Middle-Eastern trinkets, there doesn't seem to be any real decor going on. So be advised: if you are impressionable on the aesthetic side of things, you may be let down a bit.

However, the food and the service make this a memorable place. In my experience, when you have a small place with an owner who is passionate about food and service, there is a kind of magic that takes place that is quite hard to beat. To me, this is one of those places.

We had the hummus for starters. We noticed that it was served cold and that it was pinkish in color. I sense that they used pimiento morron (sweet red pepper) and the light texture suggests that they went light on the Tahini. The resulting flavor was rather sweet, as opposed to the usual acidic tones that are present due to the garlic and the lemon. It was delicious and quite refreshing. Easily one of the best hummus platters I've ever had.

The owner was also quite proud of his sangria. He mentioned cumin and cinnamon, so it sounded promising. I'm glad we walked from our hotel and that I did not have to drive, because the drink was definitely worth it. Very refreshing and tasty.

My wife had the chicken kebab with rice and salad. My eldest daughter had the Gozleme, the youngest had a lamb platter with rice and I had the Moussakka. Everything was to die for: well seasoned, well cooked, and well presented.

A word of caution is that, although the menu is simple and not pricey, it is easy to get carried away. We paid about $80 in all, which is not bad, but it is about 25% over our typical outing.

• Visited July 2014
Halifax Region, Canada
“Delicious food, wonderful host, great service”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My daughter and I went into this place when we were walking along isle verde avenue and wanted a bite of lunch. I am so glad we did! The service was really warm and friendly, and the leg of lamb pita wrap was wonderful...so much so that we came back later that evening with my husband and two other kids for dinner.

The host was incredibly accommodating of our son who is autistic and prone to having sensory issues. His manner was so kind that our son warmed up to him really quickly, as did the rest of us.

He gave us some good ideas for things to during our two week stay, and seemed like a thoroughly nice guy.

Now on to the most important part, which is, of course the food. It was so good! My husband had a gyro, which he really enjoyed, and my other two kids had wraps as well. This was all followed my baklava, which I adore. We all liked it so much that we made it the last meal we before coming back home to Canada from our visit to the island. True to his excellent customer service, our host remembered our orders from the week before. We were just as pleased with our food ( the dips are delicious! ) as we had been during our previous two visits.

We hope to go back to Peurto Rico again, but not stay in San Juan. While we
really enjoyed our time there, we want to experience a quieter side of the island. This being said, we all agreed that we would make a special trip to the area just to go to this restaurant. It really was that great!

• Visited July 2014