“Fresh food, exquisite flavor, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mediterranean Cuisine Gyros
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Hookah and Martnini Bar.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Fresh food, exquisite flavor, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The best lamb I have tasted. The rice and humus are excellent. everything is freshly made and the friendly staff makes it a great experience. We are looking forward to go on saturday night to see the belly dancers.

• Visited July 2014

“Home made and Fresh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Everything is fresh, hot and nicely served. I definitely recommend the gyros, humus and the home made pitas. Mmm!

• Visited August 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Every plate I've tried is excellent especially the new gyros and moussakka !!!!!!!!!!!'nnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!

“Excellent service food and prices!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I where lookin for something different to eat on a friday night so we went to Isla verde and found this little restaurant. The experience was amazing the food was delicious and the waiter Arnaldo is such an amazing guy, he explain the whole menu for us since this was our firts visit to a mediterranean rest and so he did we every one that enter the rest later on. Congrats and we wish u guy a lot of success. If u a reading this and are near or plan to be in Isla Verde Puerto Rico pleaseeee visit them you would looooved.

“The little turkish place that could”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

First off, just as the title suggests, this is a small place. Other than a few authentic-looking lamps and an assortment of Middle-Eastern trinkets, there doesn't seem to be any real decor going on. So be advised: if you are impressionable on the aesthetic side of things, you may be let down a bit.

However, the food and the service make this a memorable place. In my experience, when you have a small place with an owner who is passionate about food and service, there is a kind of magic that takes place that is quite hard to beat. To me, this is one of those places.

We had the hummus for starters. We noticed that it was served cold and that it was pinkish in color. I sense that they used pimiento morron (sweet red pepper) and the light texture suggests that they went light on the Tahini. The resulting flavor was rather sweet, as opposed to the usual acidic tones that are present due to the garlic and the lemon. It was delicious and quite refreshing. Easily one of the best hummus platters I've ever had.

The owner was also quite proud of his sangria. He mentioned cumin and cinnamon, so it sounded promising. I'm glad we walked from our hotel and that I did not have to drive, because the drink was definitely worth it. Very refreshing and tasty.

My wife had the chicken kebab with rice and salad. My eldest daughter had the Gozleme, the youngest had a lamb platter with rice and I had the Moussakka. Everything was to die for: well seasoned, well cooked, and well presented.

A word of caution is that, although the menu is simple and not pricey, it is easy to get carried away. We paid about $80 in all, which is not bad, but it is about 25% over our typical outing.

• Visited July 2014