“Culinary Delight”
Review of Salt Gastrobar - CLOSED

Salt Gastrobar
Cuisines: Caribbean, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An exuberant gastronomic experience especially designed for all lovers of fusion and international cuisines. Salt Gastrobar promotes a synergy between modern and minimalist elements to create a wide array of spaces to suit your every need. Simply put...We create the perfect setting to enjoy the simple pleasures of sharing.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Salt Gastrobar in Isla Verde is a culinary gem! The Chef has assembled a delightful blend of tastes for a wide variety of palates. My sister-in-law and I started our dinner with Snapping Time - which consists of red snapper and malanga (and the malanga was incredible!). Next, we had the Malanga Gnocci Mixed Vegetables (vegan) - and words cannot describe the experience. The malanga gnocci was the best I'd ever tasted. The mixed vegetables in the dish were cooked to perfection; and the dish was topped off with a reduction/distillation of cilantro that was divine. It appears to be a a frothy topping, and has incredible flavor. The Salt Gastrobar is, by far, the best restaurant that I have experienced in Puerto Rico. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a great gastrobar to go accompanied and share the tapas they have and the good wine and drinks,

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stopped in for dinner on a Wednesday evening and managed to get in on the last 15 minutes of happy hour. I highly recommend the sangria; each glass is made to order using wine, brandy, and assorted fruit juices. The most authentic taste of any we tried. Guillermo, our waiter, explained the menu and offered suggestions. He was wonderfully attentive and made sure that we enjoyed our drinks and meal. We started with the Puerto Rican Mixta Bites-- rice tostones topped succulent shredded beef and pink beans, finished with avocado foam and a sprinkling of micro greens. The taste was to die for. A fantastic molecular gastronomic twist on a local flavors. My sister ordered the Lobin Mac-- succulent hunks of Caribbean lobster in a three cheese sauce and perfectly cooked penne. I had The Mix-- imagine a red bean risotto, sliced filet mignon cooked to a perfect rare, subtle strawberry chimichurri drizzle, topped with fried crispy onions. Heaven in a bowl!!! We swapped dishes half way through the meal. We ended with panacotta topped blueberries and nutella powder. The atmosphere was very cool and the music selection added to the ambiance. I cannot recommend this restaurant any higher. Go try it for yourself. The trip advisor reviews cannot describe the gastronomic adventure that awaits you at Salt.

1  Thank Viva_La_Viajera
Flavia B, Manager at Salt Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Viva la Viajera,

Thank you so much for your phenomenal review and for sharing your experience. It sounds as you had a fantastic time with our unique memorable multisensory experience. Guillermo is an outstanding team member and he will be recognized for delivering a memorable experience. The next time the first sangria glass will be on us! Cheers.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I were looking for something special on our night out in Puerto Rico and were surprised by the most fabulous meal! Our server Natalia, provided exceptional service and took great pride in making sure we were completely satisfied with the meals we ordered. The manager Christian also came to our table and talked about the menu and how the restaurant was evolving. It was wonderful to see individuals so dedicated to the restaurants success.

We each had a Mohito while we perused the menu and that was an indicator of things to come. They were excellent! I ordered the Himalayan Salt Block; scallops, shrimp and with the mignon prepared rare. My wife ordered the Mix with a medium mignon. Both dishes were out of this world! The scallops and shrimp on the Himilayan Salt Block were very fresh and had exceptional flavor. The mignon was perfectly prepared - rare! I also ordered a side, Mampo Risoto, a type of rice and beans. The medium mignon, a centerpiece of The Mix, was also prepared to perfection. For dessert Natalia recommended a dish with white chocolate, cream, and fresh blueberries. It was an awesome finish to a perfect meal.

I would never have expected to find such a wonderful restaurant anchored in a Howard Johnson Hotel. I am now convinced that there are "hidden gems" in places I've often overlooked. If you are looking for a wonderful surprise, give Salt a try. You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank rjhawk54
Flavia B, Manager at Salt Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear rjhawk54,

Thank you for your five star review and for choosing our multisensory experience. Your great comments about Natalia and Christian have already been shared with them and it is truly a reflection of the great experienced team that we are lucky to have in Salt Gastrobar. I am glad to know that we are one of your top 10 meals ever and we look forward to have you again with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We went after work to have some Mojitos and Jonathan treat us so nice! He was very professional and drinks were awesome!

2  Thank LuzReina

Dear LuzReina,

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience at Salt Gastrobar with future visitors and for choosing us to have some cocktails after work. We do offer Happy Hours starting at 4:00 pm and Salt Gastrobar is the perfect place to enjoy exquisite modernist cuisine combined with innovative luxury cocktails especially created for our unique Gastrobar. You will be glad to know that Jonathan was part of those wonderful creations. Please do recommend to all your friends.

We look forward to seeing again.