1,632 results
All reviewsburger barpuerto ricoold san juanpool areawalking distancetwo blocksshort walk to the beachcoffee makerclose to the airportnice poolsaullobbyeighty20prcruisepoolsidecarolina
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

When we first walked in the host at the front desk (Taryn) was extremely sweet. She explained everything to us and offered us complementary coquitos. The coconut coquito was AMAZING! Also they have freshly fruit infused water daily. Super refreshing! When we got to our room it was very cozy and clean! We had a balcony view over the pool and it was gorgeous. The hotel is literally not even 2 minutes away from the beach. It's also surrounded by a supermarket Wendy's Burger King Taco Bell. The first night we went to Mi Casita. The prices were perfect 4 margaritas and 2 dinner entrees came out to 40 dollars! The drinks were strong too! The beach is gorgeous absolutely stunning. You rent a chair for 4 dollars and it's yours the whole day. They also bring it to your selected section of the beach. For extremely good rice and beans go to platos which is only a short walk but by far amazing food and passion fruit sangria! We also traveled to Old San Juan the bus stop is right outside the hotel (bus T5) it doesn't have a specific schedule which was a little frustrating. But the bus was 75 cents ! And if you take it to the last stop you are in old San Juan . Take the ferry (50 cents) and then a 3 dollar cab and you go straight to the Bacardi factory which is a FREE tour and your hotel will charge you 50 dollars to go there! (The bus is a better experience and you see all the wall art) the Bacardi factory is nice you get two free drinks when you enter and two more shots during the tour! Also in front of the ferry stop you can catch the free trolley which takes you straight to El Morro (STAY ON THE TROLLEY) because it gets packed. Then when leaving El Morro walk around Old San Juan it was a beautiful site to see with all it's culture music people dancing and food!

When leaving the hotel they will hold your bags for you incase your flight was later than checkout like ours was . Plus a free coquito from Taryn was lovely!!!!

Excellent staff at The Verdanza ! Def recommended. Pool is 24 hours ! Breakfast was delicious ! Not a party hotel, but it was relaxing !

Very nice ! Thanks Taryn!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank gabrielle l
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Ok, so I didn't stay at this hotel. BTW it is not a beachfront hotel as the pix may suggest. HOWEVER, the restaurant "Home" is superb! If you love puertorican food, this is the place to hit up. Try the "trifongo", yes it is not just Mofongo. Awe it was delicious. Also lookout for the friendliest bartender Angel. Can't wait to go back to PR and eat more of that tri-fongo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anna L
Reviewed 23 June 2014

When I first arrived I was fascinated by how beautiful the lobby and exterior of the hotel looked. I thought this would be a nice trip. I arrived at 2PM (check-in was at 3) and was told that my room would be ready in an hour. When I came back to the hotel 2 hours later the room was STILL not ready. I was given 2 complimentary drink tickets for the wait.

I finally arrived to the pool side room and wasn't wowed, but wasn't too concerned because I was here to have a good time. It was a basic room, kinda old-fashioned but it was whatever. After partying that night I came back to the room at 4AM ready to crash, when I discovered a pair of disheveled sheets and dirty socks under the comforter.

I called room service who told me housekeeping wasn't available and that there was nothing he could do. I expressed my disgust and he said he could bring me up spare sheets and that he would notify the manager. The next morning at 10, the bed still wasn't change, so I went down and notified the manager of this. She said she would take care of it. 2 hours later, the nasty bed was still not taken care of!

With that said, I would stay away from this establishment. It looks pretty on the outside but the inside is very ugly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ricky S
LJOValcarcel, Public Relations Manager at Verdanza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Ricky S, while we personally extended our sincere apology during your stay for the shortcomings in the service you received, allow me to reiterate our concern with your experience as it is not reflective of the standards of service we aim to provide our guests. It was entirely unnecessary for you to have to follow up more than once in order to receive a service your requested - and this incident was addressed immediately with the departments involved.

That said, when you arrived to your room after check-in, the room had been fully serviced and everything was in order for your arrival. Please understand that after you left your room that evening, having used the bed, Housekeeping would not have automatically serviced your room a second time that day, unless you specifically requested before you went out that the room be refreshed in your absence - and as a result, you found your bed on your return as you left it before going out for the evening.

Ricky S., we hope to have a second chance to impress you favorably next time your travels bring you to San Juan. Cheers,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

At first we were assigned to a room that faced the pool but once we entered we immediately were hit with a strong mildew smell and the walls and carpet absolutely horrible.. front desk were very friendly and nice enough to have assigned to us a room on the third floor which we loved but immediately noticed the bathroom floor dirty and the bathtub in need of a good scrub.. immediately we felt disgusted to use the toilet for we felt that the same treatment was being applied to it as well - my husband took tissues with soup to clean the toilet seat... I left a note for housekeeping and all they focused on was to provide clean sheets and towels, etc. except not paying attention to the floors and bathtub... when we arrived we noticed a tissue underneath a night table and when we left the same tissue was still sitting there... this lead us to believe that the bedroom floors were not vacummed as well.. the bathroom didn't have that much of a pleasant smell and if it did it came from the clean towels.. . I would love to return but that issue along makes me reconsider.. so what to do with a situation like this - should I have complaint? and if I did would that have helped? so the question here would be that regardless if management would get involved would this have helped with the issue.. would housekeeping keep up with good quality of cleanliness in the bathrooms and bedrooms? don't know.

Room Tip: Aside from the issue with housekeeping regarding cleanliness, I would say that the third floor bedroom with a balcony did it for us - we had a great view...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doris W
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect if you want to stay near to the airport and in the Isla Verde Area without paying more than $200 a night! The only thing I didnt like was the service, to slow! Had to wait a lot to check in and again to check out! The rooms by the pool area are cheaper by the night, but it's because there are no elevators by this area, so will recommend to pay a little more and stay in the main building.

• Stayed: June 2014