1,632 results
All reviewsburger barpuerto ricoold san juanpool areawalking distancetwo blocksshort walk to the beachcoffee makerclose to the airportnice poolsaullobbyeighty20prcruisepoolsidecarolina
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have been going to this hotel from when it was the Carib inn, the Holiday Inn and now the Verdanza Hotel. I have always received good rates at this hotel and last week was no difference. It is in a great location. You can hit all the main attractions as the Hotel is right in Isla Verde and close to main highways. The hotel has everything you need at a good price for Puerto Rico. It is a 3 1/2 star hotel and it truly feels like a 3 1/2 star hotel. It has a nice pool and a few good places to eat. The Breakfast buffet is very reasonable. It also has a water play area for kids and a really hot, hot tub. I enjoyed my latest stay at this hotel and the staff is really nice.

Room Tip: It depends if you want to be pool side or in the main building. I think it is a matter of preference. Poolside might be better if you have children. Poolside is also cheaper.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I felt very comfortable in this hotel. The desk manager Wanda Rivera was very helpful. The breakfast buffet was well stocked with cold and hot foods that were delicious. They also had healthy options. The pool was immaculate. It and the chairs were cleaned every morning with care. I met many families there with well behaved children. Spanish and English were spoken with ease. In fact, most of my needs were anticipated before I even spoke! There were several pet owners staying in the hotel who had well behaved leashed pets. Additionally, I met business people at breakfast who seemed to be having a good stay. Each restaurant in the hotel was clean and served excellent food. I would certainly return here in a heart beat!

Room Tip: A fellow guest had mentioned that she did not like being too close to the pool because of the music. Other guests thoroughly enjoyed the rocking chairs outside their rooms facing the pool!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I just returned from a personal retreat at this marvelous hotel. The room was clean and well stocked, the room service professional, and the ambiance pleasant and enjoyable. I was right next to the pool, and it was such a pleasure to walk only a few steps to one of the many recliners and find the rest that I sorely needed. There was some music playing at night, but by 10:30pm or so all was quiet and peaceful. The mall across the street has plenty of places to eat, and especially don't miss the Juice bar directly across from Wendy's, it has delicious and all-natural juices and food that will enhance your stay in PR with energy and vitality. Verdanza is my place in PR and it's a joy to share this with you!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank RTalavera
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was my first stay in Verdanza, but I will definitely be back. We stayed in the hotel for a total of five nights and had no problems at all. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive, the room and common areas clean and comfortable, the pool and water fountains were great, and the coffee shop and restaurants are all worth a visit. We ate at all the restaurants- 88 bistro, Asian bistro, sports bar, Ristretto cafe, and the wine bar- and had no complaints about the food or service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RakelG
Reviewed 5 August 2014

14 family members went on vacation and stayed here. For this hotel to be newer it needs some updates. Our toilet didn't flush, our bed broke. The staff gave us a new room, but it was very inconvenient. At the time of our stay there was a volleyball tournament going on wish we would've been told this.

• Stayed: July 2014
LJOValcarcel, Public Relations Manager at Verdanza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Tyanna M. I am so sorry to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your experience. Our team made great efforts to accommodate your ongoing requests, in order to ensure the group as a whole felt at home and enjoyed their time with us, addressing any issues that came up as swiftly as humanly possible for your benefit and comfort.

Indeed, we were honored to have been selected as the host hotel for five international teams of female volleyball players and we could not have been more pleased with their visit - these young athletes were not disruptive in any way, did not drink alcohol or spend much time in the hotel facilities as their days were spent at the tournament; they even had a separate dining room for their convenience as well as the convenience of the rest of our hotel guests. Other than in the mornings, when they quietly left the hotel for the volleyball courts and in the afternoons when they returned back to their rooms, it was hard to tell there was a group of athletes at the hotel. At Verdanza we have a strong relationship with the sports community; we are disappointed that you may find this disappointing.

Tyanna M, I trust you will allow us another chance to impress you even more favorably next time you visit Puerto Rico; it was truly a joy to watch your group enjoy themselves as one large family in the pool area every day! Best,