1.THE FOOD 2. THE SPACE 3. THE LAND 4. THE SURF 5. THE PEOPLE 6. THE VIBE 7. CASEY + BILL
1. Food was excellent: light, filling and tried many things on the menu and they were all great. (veggies be sure and tell Casey and she will accomodate) 2. Beautiful, gorgeous, serene. I got there and my jaw dropped. I would lay on the hammocks where there is quiet space to look out over the UNTOUCHED hills with cows grazing, take a yoga class, or sparr with Bill. Infinity pool and beautiful bungalows tastefully designed and built with respect for the land 3. Beautiful and rugged; an indigenous area, weather was great. 4. I've surfed in many parts of the world, Nicaragua is way up there with waves for all levels 5. Nica's are the sweetest, coolest and down to earth people. 6. It starts with Casey and Bill. They love what they do, they enjoy making the guests happy you can tell; its GENUINE. Anywhere you want to go they arrange to have you driven; surf at 5 a.m. volcano tour, horseback riding, tide pools...They set the tone, it is paradise and it isn't expensive at all. 7. Casey and Bill are wonderful, its like I have known them for years, a very family vibe. I felt very much at home. They employ local Nica's and they are all happy to be there and very cool. Not pretentious, laid back, accommodating, inexpensive, great vibe I can't wait to go back. Oh yeah, last but not least...the BEDS are soooo comfortable, slept great. Can't wait to go back!
Caveat: Food takes a while to be prepared so order early, take a shower, or dip in the pool, then eat. It can feel a little isolating, not much nightlife around. Not on the beach, but the view alone is worth it. You don't want to surf the same beach anyway...they take you wherever you want to go. Theres lots of good breaks nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy world class surfing, expert surf lessons, guided surf excursions, yoga, natural hot springs, tidal pools and more. Soma has a full service restaurant serving fresh fare with a distinct flavor using natural ingredients where you will truly savor the "farm to table" experience. Enjoy our infinity pool an open air rancho with hammocks, free WIFI plus many more amenities. We are a resort sustainably built with a portion of our proceeds benefiting local charities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Soma Surf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soma Surf Resort Nicaragua/Popoyo