My wife and I just returned from Wolgan Valley and the warm glow of a great little holiday is still upon us. Our experience with the staff was very good, they were attentive and thoughtful and often asked how we were enjoying our anniversary (without hints or prompts). As aussies ourselves I can see how some locals might find the staff a little laid back at this price point however we found them to be genuinely interested in us and our experience at the resort and I think overseas visitors would enjoy their 'Australianness".The rooms (suites) are amazing, we've been lucky enough to stay in suites in some of the best hotels in Asia and Europe and this is as good as any. Breakfast and lunch were excellent meals on both days with good variety and eat as little or as much as you like. Dinner however was hit and miss , the chefs appear to be aiming at clever, minimalist food but we found it quirky and not up to the standard of a good Australian restaurant. But don't be backward in asking for more or for some variation to what's presented, the staff are accommodating and the sides we requested were really excellent.
We would recommend the place as a truly unique experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley offers the rare opportunity to experience true luxury in a spectacular Australian bush setting. The property borders the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage wilderness region, just 190kms from Sydney. Nestled between two National Parks and spread out at the foot of towering cliffs, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is set within its own private conservation and wildlife reserve. The resort itself occupies just two percent of the total land area of 7,000 acres and its design, reminiscent of traditional rural Australian homesteads, reflects a timeless appeal and a natural sense of place in the vast and dramatic landscape of the Wolgan Valley. The 40 individual suites each have their own private deck and indoor / outdoor swimming pool. The main homestead offers distinctive dining, luxury facilities and the stand-alone Timeless Spa features six double treatment rooms, and a range of signature treatments. The seclusion of Wolgan Valley creates a natural sanctuary where guests can relax and explore in unsurpassed luxurious comfort. This is the quintessential luxury Australian bush experience - a unique blend of wildlife, dramatic natural beauty, conservation, heritage in a spectacular Australian bush setting, which can be explored through a range of activities including four wheel drives, heritage tours, wildlife spotting and horse riding. All meals are included in the tariff with a strong focus on regional and seasonal produce, and where possible organic ingredients are used. Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is a member of One&Only Resorts and Luxury Lodges of Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wolgan Valley Resort And Spa
- Wolgan Valley Hotel Blue Mountains