Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley
  • Restaurant
Zig Zag Motel(Lithgow)
  • Breakfast included
1,075 results
All reviewshorse ridingmountain bikesrocking chairsaustralian experiencecountry kitchenthe general managerplunge pooldegustation menufood and winemain buildingamazing resortmoment you arriveoriginal homesteadmini barfront gatedressing roomleave your car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We originally booked for 2 nights and were lucky enough to stay an extra night. If I had my way I would never have left.
The resort is pure luxury and the rooms are outstanding In quality and finishes a home away from home.
The service was outstanding, the food of the highest quality and standard.
The highlight of our stay most definitely was the Resorts General Manager Joost Heymeijer his hands on approach knowledge of the area and passion for the resort made our stay memorable and enjoyable we will return to the valley.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shawn B
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A wonderful destination and short break from Sydney with ample opportunity to do nothing or everything rural. The drive from Sydney is much quicker through the Bells Line Road. There are still road works in the Blue Mountains that means the weekend traffic, down to one lane at 40km/hr around Hazelbrook makes for a frustrating trip. Once you enter the Valley and the Resort it all seems like a distant past.
The food was very good and sensible portions so you don't feel to full, and a must to try the after dinner cheeses in the bar. The service was good but not outstanding except for George Nusat who made up for a couple of lapses by his colleagues in our orders.
The facilities are comprehensive for a smaller resort and will only get better with the conservation program in place. The highlights were the trail riding,the mountain bikes, the fireplaces, food with matching local wines, the local spring water and the scenery.
The only negatives were the noisy pool filter in our room, very little reference to the aboriginal heritage of the region and an uncomfortable toilet seat in our room ( odd I know).
Overall a world class resort that is only going to get better as it matures.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We visited Wolgan Valley resort for our wedding anniversary and a qantas Epicure event. I had been admiring this resort for some time and finally found an opportunity to visit. The quality of this resort, service, food and accommodation is difficult to describe without experiencing it for yourself. We had an amazing 2 nights and tried to stay for a 3rd night because we didn't want to leave, but unfortunately they were fully booked. Everything is included in the price, except for high end wines and spirits. We also chose to do the horse riding which was just beautiful. Our guide was well versed and clearly knew her surrounds and the local area. This is one activity that is an extra charge but I highly recommend it. The rooms.....what can I say, just amazing. Each suite has it's own pool. The fire place is warm and comforting and the bathrooms are just luxurious. I can't say enough about Wolgan Valley except I will definitely return sooner rather than later. Our experience was added by the fact we had the amazing Brett Graham and Neil Perry cooking for us, and topped off with a Brokenwood dinner. The day spa is sensational and highly recommended, the pool area is beautiful, there is an amazing view every way you turn your head, and the food (even without world class chefs) is just amazing. Most amazing breakfast and lunches I have ever experienced in a resort anywhere in the world. Wolgan Valley is the complete package, from the arrival pick up to the end, where you don't want to leave! Thank you so much Wolgan Valley - simply amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed 4 nights in April - a very relaxing break. Rooms are well appointed and the addition of your own plunge pool adds another dimension to the stay. Food was good, service a little hit and miss but all in all great experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have been lucky enough to visit Wolgan Valley twice this year: in February and May. Both of my stays were truly amazing! The breathtaking scenery as you drive in and the spectacular setting of the resort make this a very unique place. We saw waterfalls coming over the top of the cliffs one day and perfect blue skies and sunshine the next. We went horse riding, bike riding, walking, swimming (both in the resort pool and our own suite pool), took a very interesting wildlife tour and also a nocturnal tour and a visit to the spa. All of the staff were very friendly and extremely knowledgable about the property, especially Kristie and Lee! The guest services staff were extremely friendly and polite, nothing was too much trouble for Mac and Jason! The abundance of locally sourced high quality food and wine was outstanding and a credit to the head chef Damian. During my second visit, in Damian's absence, young chef Tyson did an excellent job. The service in both the country kitchen and the main dining room was first class, the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and attentive, thanks Monique, Carys and the team. Loved the cheese room!!
Our suite was luxurious and comfortable, opening up the pool doors to the warm sunshine and views of the spectacular escarpment around us was a special treat.
To conclude, I cannot fault this resort, it is a truly wonderful and unique experience to visit Wolgan Valley, it is worth every cent and I am looking forward to my next visit later this year!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple