I spent this past weekend at Emirates Wolgan Valley and can honestly say it was pure bliss. The Emirates name suggests luxury, but our expectations were exceeded as soon as we were greeted at the gate and seated in a private waiting room whilst we waited for our transfer.
The food was amazing, the bed was the best I've ever slept in, the ambience was so relaxed and friendly and the entire experience of being at Wolgan Valley was iconically Australian.
Their standard suites feature a bathroom, wardrobe, sitting room, balcony, pool room and bedroom each room respectively larger than a standard hotel room. And each room has its own indoor, heated and private swimming pool.
As a nice detail, each guest is also provided with a mountain bike, an umbrella and a backpack: sometimes it's the little things that make your trip the most enjoyable. And if you don't have something you need, the staff were always friendly and approachable, always ready to assist whatever the situation.
The entire property is enclosed, and security is tight which meant the only people wandering around the property were employees or guests, all of whom contributed to a very friendly and relaxed ambience that I've not seen anywhere else.
One of the best parts about the resort... They have no cell reception which meant I could totally switch off and enjoy relaxation. They do have an incredibly strong (and fast) WiFi connection though, so you can still be connected if you want to be.
Pretty much everything is included, such as meals, wine, beer, champagne and even all items from the mini bar (excluding spirits and champagne).
The food was amazing with such an impressive menu and guests have access before or after dinner to a cheese room... Enough said!
I'll definitely be returning to Wolgan Valley Resort and Spa, it might just be my favourite place on earth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley offers the rare opportunity to experience true luxury in a spectacular Australian bush setting. The property borders the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage wilderness region, just 190kms from Sydney. Nestled between two National Parks and spread out at the foot of towering cliffs, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is set within its own private conservation and wildlife reserve. The resort itself occupies just two percent of the total land area of 7,000 acres and its design, reminiscent of traditional rural Australian homesteads, reflects a timeless appeal and a natural sense of place in the vast and dramatic landscape of the Wolgan Valley. The 40 individual suites each have their own private deck and indoor / outdoor swimming pool. The main homestead offers distinctive dining, luxury facilities and the stand-alone Timeless Spa features six double treatment rooms, and a range of signature treatments. The seclusion of Wolgan Valley creates a natural sanctuary where guests can relax and explore in unsurpassed luxurious comfort. This is the quintessential luxury Australian bush experience - a unique blend of wildlife, dramatic natural beauty, conservation, heritage in a spectacular Australian bush setting, which can be explored through a range of activities including four wheel drives, heritage tours, wildlife spotting and horse riding. All meals are included in the tariff with a strong focus on regional and seasonal produce, and where possible organic ingredients are used. Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is a member of One&Only Resorts and Luxury Lodges of Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wolgan Valley Resort And Spa
- Wolgan Valley Hotel Blue Mountains