“The greatest luxury getaway this country has to offer.”

Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wolgan Valley
Perth, Australia
“The greatest luxury getaway this country has to offer.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wolgan Valley is the ultimate weight off your shoulders weekender. I have visited 3 times now and with each trip I am left thoroughly impressed and wanting more. Our most recent trip was last weekend and for me a true highlight was how warm the accommodation felt in winter. The flick of the switch fire place, large bath and even hot water bottles during transport between the lodge and the main homestead to keep us warm. In saying that, we also made the most of the outdoors with Archery, Bike riding, long walks and also Horse riding. A personal highlight for me was the horse riding at sunset and getting to see the natural wildlife and learn more about the area. Get another couple together and head there for a weekend. We can't wait to get back there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've spent quite a bit of time at some very fancy hotels around the world, but it's safe to say: Emirates Wolgan Valley takes the cake!

From the friendly staff and fantastic customer service right down to the beautiful food, well thought out design and breathtaking landscape, this resort and spa is the ultimate couples or photographers getaway, and not too far from Sydney or the Blue Mountains.

When we checked into our suite our jaws practically hit the floor. We spent a good 30 minutes running around opening and closing all the cupboards and drawers and exploring our temporary home for the next two days.

We had a heritage suite, which is their standard suite, and it's unfathomable to me that there could possibly be MORE luxurious suites available on the property.

I can't wait to go back to Emirates Wolgan Valley Spa & Retreat one day, thanks to the team for making the experience so amazing!

I've written a more comprehensive review of Emirates Wolgan Valley on my blog: www.itsworthashot.com/blog

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I spent this past weekend at Emirates Wolgan Valley and can honestly say it was pure bliss. The Emirates name suggests luxury, but our expectations were exceeded as soon as we were greeted at the gate and seated in a private waiting room whilst we waited for our transfer.
The food was amazing, the bed was the best I've ever slept in, the ambience was so relaxed and friendly and the entire experience of being at Wolgan Valley was iconically Australian.

Their standard suites feature a bathroom, wardrobe, sitting room, balcony, pool room and bedroom each room respectively larger than a standard hotel room. And each room has its own indoor, heated and private swimming pool.
As a nice detail, each guest is also provided with a mountain bike, an umbrella and a backpack: sometimes it's the little things that make your trip the most enjoyable. And if you don't have something you need, the staff were always friendly and approachable, always ready to assist whatever the situation.

The entire property is enclosed, and security is tight which meant the only people wandering around the property were employees or guests, all of whom contributed to a very friendly and relaxed ambience that I've not seen anywhere else.

One of the best parts about the resort... They have no cell reception which meant I could totally switch off and enjoy relaxation. They do have an incredibly strong (and fast) WiFi connection though, so you can still be connected if you want to be.

Pretty much everything is included, such as meals, wine, beer, champagne and even all items from the mini bar (excluding spirits and champagne).
The food was amazing with such an impressive menu and guests have access before or after dinner to a cheese room... Enough said!

I'll definitely be returning to Wolgan Valley Resort and Spa, it might just be my favourite place on earth.

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms. As a tip - book in early to the Spa, it's very popular!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I just returned today from two remarkably wonderful days at Wolgan as an "away from the kids" retreat. An easy and beautiful 3 hour drive from Sydney, with the last 15k in the Wolgan Valley itself. It really is like dropping into a shangri-la as you cross the pass into the Valley, weaving down a narrow mountain road to the valley floor. The resort appears quite subdued as you approach (you leave your car at the gate and are driven in to the resort in a Lexus 4WD including fording a stream a couple of times). But its simplicity in appearance belies the thoughtfulness of the design of the resort overall and the buildings in particular. The individual bungalow suites are exquisite, the lodge reminds of a western US ski lodge, the staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. The food is simply sensational, in particular the dinner menu. We had the degustation menu each evening, and it was superb. Make sure your get into the "cheese room". Lots of outdoors activities, but I especially recommend the Glow Work trail hike (assuming you're in reasonable physical condition) and the horse trail ride. The nighttime safari and star gazing drive was also fun. There are kangaroos, wallaroos and wallabies everywhere on the property, along with countless birds of several varieties. My wife and I also spent an afternoon at their spa: my treatment was terrific, my wife thought it only average. Only one complaint: the bed seemed strangely concave, which surprised me given the luxury status of the resort and its relative newness. But still so worth it - the valley is strikingly beautiful and you are immersed in everywhere you go in a wonderful natural way.

Room Tip: All are good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights over the Easter weekend. Despite it being the long weekend, the resort never felt crowded. All the suites have a private outlook so it doesn't really matter where you are - there are no bad rooms!

The scenery is absolutely amazing and is a boon for anyone into biking or walking. The resort provides you with your own bikes, and you are free to explore at your leisure. There's nothing like setting out on a 20km ride with a backpack of nice food to enjoy.

The vibe is civilised and refined but very relaxed. You don't need to worry about wearing your best designer outfits, as it's a very casual resort. The service was very professional. Most senior staff were exceptionally good (special mention to Greg in the cheese room), although there seemed to be a shortage of staff at dinner and service could be a bit slow.

The food is very good with some small niggles; the hot options at breakfast are obviously not prepared to order, and the included wine list is somewhat limited, but still perfectly acceptable.

My only other niggle is with other guests at mealtimes. The resort requests no children in the dining room after 8pm, yet we saw plenty of small children running around the restaurant at 9 or 10pm - and I do mean running. This is not the fault of the resort or staff, but is something that other guests should be aware of.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Enigmike
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Emirates Wolgan is probably the most wonderful place I have stayed in so far in my life and I can honestly say I am very well travelled and privileged to stay at lovely hotels/resorts. Exclusive yet laid back - fantastic service - the most lovely villas and beds so comfortable - the best. We stayed in No 25 which had fabulous views of the old original Homestead and the stunning blue mountains and valleys. The staff are all passionate about their jobs, knowledgable and professional. The food is again, if I can say a 6* experience - every mouthful was heaven - the best we have had in Australia. We had the Autumn package which included all meals, a spa voucher, two nature trips each day (basically everything except Spirits) and it was worth every penny. On our first afternoon we did the wildlife nature drive at twilight and it was so exciting to see all the wildlife up close and to hear about the environment and how the animals live and fend for themselves. The following day we went on the Glow Worm Tunnel trail - we had fabulous weather and it was an interesting and diverse hike - towards the end we came across a forest of Bell birds singing, yes, just like bells. For over three hours we had the mountain to ourselves! I wished we could have stayed a few more days but we were on a schedule and so on our next trip to Australia we will definitely book in at Wolgan Valley again. Simply amazing and Thank you!

Room Tip: Go for the Rooms overlooking the Homstead, Valley and Mountains.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lane Cove, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We originally booked for 2 nights and were lucky enough to stay an extra night. If I had my way I would never have left.
The resort is pure luxury and the rooms are outstanding In quality and finishes a home away from home.
The service was outstanding, the food of the highest quality and standard.
The highlight of our stay most definitely was the Resorts General Manager Joost Heymeijer his hands on approach knowledge of the area and passion for the resort made our stay memorable and enjoyable we will return to the valley.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 3 in Bilpin
Mount Victoria Manor
Mount Victoria Manor
#1 of 2 in Mount Victoria

Been to Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley? Share your experiences!