Due to our limo co. assigning a driver who had never been to this area before, an estimated three hour trip took a bit over five hours, leaving us exhausted and disappointed that our first afternoon was gone. We were taken to our individual guest suite, for our three night stay, and it was beautiful. Each guest suite has an individual pool, in addition to a large infinity pool near the building housing the main office, restaurants and bar. There was a four-poster bed, large rainfall shower, gas see-through fireplace and two televisions, with a dvd player. This resort had only been open a few years and it was clear that Emirates' budget had been well spent. After resting and unpacking, we walked to the main building for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised to see "Mr. Wombat" chomping on the grass outside an adjacent suite. The wombat was not the least disturbed by our presence and came by for a meal each evening, as we walked up to dinner. The resort's general manager Joost Heymeijer introduced himself when we passed the reception area. Joost had been in charge of the resorts' construction and was justly proud of it. He asked how our trip was going and we mentioned our unsatisfactory experience at southern Ocean Lodge (SOL). Joost said that he knew the owner of our Australian tour company personally and was going to call him immediately, to inform him about our experience at SOL and transportation ordeal to the Wolgan Valley. We had the first of several wonderful meals, which the chef always offered or modified to meet our fish and vegetarian needs. The bartender was excellent with his drinks and once, when he heard us rave about our Australian fish dinner, arranged for the chef to save the last two orders for the next night. What a pleasant surprise. We had a wonderful stay, going on a few of their tours and using the spa services, but mostly relaxing and enjoying the magnificent natural surroundings. Joost was never intrusive, but always interested in seeing that all our needs were being met. When we got ready to leave, we were told that our driver was the last car to get through before the second road out was closed due to the worst brush fire in 45 years. The reception staff assured us that our suite would be available if we could not leave that day and she called the reservations manager at the Four Seasons, Sydney, to let him know our status. We were able to leave 2 1/2 hours later, arriving during the evening rush hour. Our driver (Adel) to Sydney was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley offers the rare opportunity to experience true luxury in a spectacular Australian bush setting. The property borders the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage wilderness region, just 190kms from Sydney. Nestled between two National Parks and spread out at the foot of towering cliffs, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is set within its own private conservation and wildlife reserve. The resort itself occupies just two percent of the total land area of 7,000 acres and its design, reminiscent of traditional rural Australian homesteads, reflects a timeless appeal and a natural sense of place in the vast and dramatic landscape of the Wolgan Valley. The 40 individual suites each have their own private deck and indoor / outdoor swimming pool. The main homestead offers distinctive dining, luxury facilities and the stand-alone Timeless Spa features six double treatment rooms, and a range of signature treatments. The seclusion of Wolgan Valley creates a natural sanctuary where guests can relax and explore in unsurpassed luxurious comfort. This is the quintessential luxury Australian bush experience - a unique blend of wildlife, dramatic natural beauty, conservation, heritage in a spectacular Australian bush setting, which can be explored through a range of activities including four wheel drives, heritage tours, wildlife spotting and horse riding. All meals are included in the tariff with a strong focus on regional and seasonal produce, and where possible organic ingredients are used. Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is a member of One&Only Resorts and Luxury Lodges of Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wolgan Valley Resort And Spa
- Wolgan Valley Hotel Blue Mountains