“relaxed pleasant dining” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piato

Piato
Price range: US$4 - US$29
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Piato offers the best flavours of the Mediterranean with the bustling atmosphere of Europe.
“relaxed pleasant dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Relaxed casual atmosphere with a mix of tapas and mains to choose from. Friendly staff provide good service and meals come in appropriate time. Wine list is not extensive but ok. Enjoyed a selection of tapas entrees to share and then moved to individual mains. Everything as described and good serve sizes. Tempted to share desserts to finish and we were not disappointed. Whether dining under awning beside pavement, or indoors, a very good atmosphere prevails.

• Visited May 2014

Avalon Beach, Sydney, Australia
“Consistant quality and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

That's probably why there is always a crowd here.
Easter Good Friday was a tough day to try and find a restaurant open for lunch.... and would take bookings too.
The reservation was politely taken, and the outside table was ready when we arrrived.
Although there is a regular menu, we always opt for tapas. Proscuttto wrapped goats cheese, salmon carpaccio, beetroot salad.
Wine $8 or $9 a glass.
Even on a public holiday, the service was swift, and unobtrusive.

• Visited April 2014
Santiago, Chile
“Consistently good. Our go to place for a nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This is our go to restaurant for a nice dinner out. We always take our friends here when dining in our area. The service and food is consistently good plus you can BYO. The scallops, kingfish and lamb are delicious.
It's a nice atmosphere sitting outside or in the courtyard.
We can usually get away with entrees & mains for around $100.
My only complaint is that they don't seem to change the menu.

Bookings essential for Fridays & weekends.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank 665kate
Sydney, Australia
“The customer is never right at Piatos”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My family and I have been coming to this local cafe for years, but this morning I had a very bad experience. I ordered pancakes for breakfast, something I have very regularly at many cafés, including Piatos. This morning the pancakes were dripping or floating in about a cupful of syrup and horrible, sickly sweet and inedible. I returned the pancakes immediately. I decided to opt for toast.
When I paid my bill and started to walk home. I realized that they had charged me for the pancake. I returned to the restaurant and the waiter was most indignant. He said he had tasted the pancakes- they were fine and therefore he charged me half the price. I explained as the customer- I could not eat them. No prior explanation, apology, no refund. I am stunned.
So in conclusion, you will pay for your food here no matter what they serve you.
I think the management here have become very complacent and rude I shall not return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane M
Sydney, Australia
“Great little Greek restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Lovely outside tables for a nice lunch indoor seating and a courtyard - spoilt for choice.

Greek Mezze dishes for sharing are the way to go.

• Visited March 2014