All reviews alfresco area casual lunch greenhouse restaurant renovation whiting adelaide
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Absolutly horrable hotel, music banging the hole evening untill late after midnight, it s like sellping above a disco, rooms are extremly outdated, no one seems to care about hotel guests, drunken screeming bar guests sitting on the stairs leading to the rooms, rather sleep in the park. There s no elevator, very narrow/staircase to the first floor, noisy aircondition outside my room, can open the window, too much noise, other rooms face the busy street. Even for the relativly low price (paid 95 $ per night): Do not stay !

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Bapu54
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We love coming to the feathers however I must say how uncomfortable the wire seats are in the alfresco area. Some of them have cushions but many are without. The food and service is first class and the atmosphere is excellent but Please please please address the seat issue!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Been before renovation - was sad. Now it has a WOW factor. and good eating areas and prices very favourable. Staff friendly - mention to Connor in the Greenhouse restaurant and his staff.
For winter dining, choose the Greenhouse area, lovely and warm and inviting

Room Tip: Not staying
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Val M
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I joined some friends at the newly renovated Feathers, initially for a drink and then at the main restaurant. Although the Feathers is well known in Adelaide I had never been there before and so cannot compare it to its previous version. Outside it was very difficult to have a conversation as the music was very loud. We moved to the restaurant which was quite stylish and comfortable and we were served by a very enthusiastic waiter. The food was quite good including dessert. However, the coffee was cold and insipid for all of us. Overall it wasn't a bad experience but not great.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We were a large group so sat in the undercover outside area. The heaters were on but it was still very very cold. Whenever the door opened a gale force wind swept in...
I had the chicken burger, it was nice, but it's difficult to enjoy a meal when you're trying to keep warm. Maybe I shouldn't be writing a review... the temperature has coloured my view...
A friend had the pork, she said it was superb - and she was as cold as me!
After dinner we moved seats to a sofa, still in the same undercover outside area, but there was a heater on the wall behind us throwing down a bit more warmth!
All in all, it was pretty average, food was a bit pricey, might go again but certainly not in winter!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends