On the Bay Apartments - Bribie Island
LaVida on Anzac(Redcliffe)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$143
US$104
US$101
Best Western Caboolture Gateway Motel(Caboolture)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$147
Agoda.com
US$98
TripAdvisor
Bribie Waterways Motel(Bribie Island)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
  • Spa
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Caboolture Motel(Caboolture)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbay resorttwo bedroom apartmentbribie islandacross the roadair conditionedshort strollmy parentsamazing viewsresident managercar parkfree wificould not have been more helpfulwithin walking distancepumicestone passagecomfortable staymain bedroomtop floor
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We stayed for a week with our family in a two bedroom appartment. It was great, very spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Rodnbrooke
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We checked into On The Bay on the 23rd of December for ten nights. We found the location to be great. We stay on Bribie every second Christmas and no the island very well. We only had four times that we needed to interact with the onsite manager and found her pleasant each time. Once on checking in, one was to get a replacement battery for the gate opener to the garage, and the two other times to have bulbs replaced in the hallway light and the main bedroom light. Neither were working on arrival. Not a hassle for us. We stayed in a two bedroom two bathroom unit on the third level, number 25. This unit had no insect screens on any windows or doors and given the humidity and rain whilst we were there we were forced to run the air-conditioning alot, which of course with power bills these days only reduces the owners return on investment. The kitchen was reasonably fitted out with kitchen utensils for our stay. We had a room service halfway through our stay but no toiletries were replaced which is poor. The unit was air-conditioned but we found this didn't flow through to the main bedroom so were forced to run the fan in that room given the lack of insect screens. The units have a nice pool but it has no shade over the pool at all and no BBQ facilities to use. The sign in the units suggest you to go across the road and locate one in the park to use. The complex could definitely benefit with a BBQ being put into the pool area and a shade sail over part over the pool. My biggest gripe about the unit was the metered pulse phone for local calls given the cheapness of phone plans these days it is ridiculous that this still exists.

Storage in the second bedroom was virtually non existent there was one little three door cabinet between the two single beds and no shelves or drawers in the wardrobe. Also couldn't figure out the purpose of the slated blind between the second bedroom and the main living area. The unit decor I'd really nice except for the bedheads in both bedrooms the look like they have been purchased from a different decade (70's/80's) and don't fit in at all.

The beds were great, had a great sleep every night, hardly heard any noise from other tenants.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank dittsta
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Staying with my daughter and 12mth granddaughter and was told I had to have 2 bedrooms under body corp rules. Wasn't prepared to argue and spoil holiday. Asked for a cot when booking and not told of extra charge but was told on arrival it would cost $30 for 3 nights. Luckily daughter had a portacot with us. Both Bathrooms had poor ventilation and in 1 we couldn't open window without getting in bath to reach it, then others patio could see into us on toilet. Pool paving is falling to bits. Brochure shows view from managers unit not for tourists. Shame really as the place was really clean, new and well positioned.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ozdrifter
Management response:Responded 11 October 2010

The individual owners of the apartments here at On The Bay Resort set the maximum number of guests permitted to stay in their apartments, surely that is their right. The cost ($30 includes linen) to hire porta-cots is clearly outlined on all websites, it is of course a user-pay system, so it was quite lucky that this lady had her own porta-cot. The windows in bathrooms are located very high up on the wall this ensures privacy, I would think that this is the normal location in modern buildings, exhaust fans are also fitted. Yes the view in the brochure is from the Managers unit as at the time of creating the brochure, not other units were completed/ furnished. I hope that this has clarified some confusion about On The Bay Resort.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

It was suppose to be a different experience for me & my partner as we thought we would celebrate my partner's birthday up at Bribie Island. It took me awhile to decide where we would stay at Bribie & On the bay resort looked decent at their website.

I booked for us to stay for few nights which wasn't cheap & to be honest it wasn't worth it. When we got there receptionist greeted us & showed us our room. When we opened the front door oh my gosh the room smelled like cigarette smoke. What a disgusting smell!

Apartment was nicely decorated & fully furnished. Few downsize we had to remove all rubbish in the apartment or pay $100 for cleaning surcharge, toiletries wasn't supplied, no gym, no spa & the noise from the neighbours at 6am every morning was very annoying even the weekend so we didn't have much sleep!

There was few small stores like Woolies & IGA about 5 -7 mins drive. Nearest shopping centre was at Morayfield which was 35mins drive from the resort.

Overall it wasn't what we expected & the resort needs to improve on the sound quality of the neighbours & offer daily room service would be great.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MeLuvHolidays
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I had the most wonderful time the room was lovely and clean and had a great feel to it. It was not far down to the corner store and over to the little beach and every morning my whole family including my aunty who is in a motoroised scooter went walking by the bay down for a coffee. The evenings were also just a short stroll for my mum to give the pokies a spin at the local club whilst my sister and I enjoyed a wine watching the sunset. Again it was just a short walk back to my comfy bed

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family