I stumbled upon this hotel from a trek in the dusty countryside about 8 years ago. It was truly an oasis in the Yucatan. I have returned many times with students, work colleagues, family and friends and intend to do so again. On one occasion, we happened to be in the area without a reservation and the front gate was locked. We went around back (it was off season) and they opened the hotel for my student and myself...we had the whole place to ourselves and they were apologetic for not having everything up to par and having to cook whatever they had on hand (with help from the villagers) UNBELIEVABLY hospitable, warm, caring and spectacular setting...almost afraid to write this as the tranquility is a welcome change from other types of holidays. Having said that, you must be prepared for it being isolated, in a village with the usual village noises that are unavoidable and nothing else around for miles..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of the Mayan archeological zone, Hacienda Santa Rosa showcases its splendid building from the mid-19th century. This building, formerly an important property of the nobility, has become a luxurious residence through the generations. Just a 50 minute drive from Merida’s International Airport, the place is surrounded by natural beauties such as the Calcehtok and Oxkintok Caves, and cultural sites such as the Ruins of Uxmal and the town of Becal. An enormous door, meters and meters high, gives access to this wonderful hacienda which has 11 comfortable guest rooms and suites. Hammocks and wicker chairs, a private terrace and a garden make this place a perfect spot to live an unforgettable experience. Its aloe field is home to a Mayan style little house where one can enjoy enchanting moments outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hacienda Santa Rosa, A Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Santa Rosa Merida
- Hacienda Santa Rosa Hotel Merida