We did not stay at the hotel but used this as a place to have lunch on our way to one of the sister hacienda properties. We were the only lunch guests which made service wonderful but still not cloying. We enjoyed the fabulous view of the grounds and some special food. Afterwards we were able to wander the grounds, which only helped to whet our appetites for staying at the Hacienda Uayamon an hour or so away. This lunch was expensive, but one of the highlights of our stay in Mexico.
You have to go through the village to get there, which is not in itself a bad thing but can be disconcerting because we wondered if we had missed a turn somewhere. Keep going and you will get to the front gate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of the Mayan archeological zone, Hacienda Santa Rosa showcases its splendid building from the mid-19th century. This building, formerly an important property of the nobility, has become a luxurious residence through the generations. Just a 50 minute drive from Merida’s International Airport, the place is surrounded by natural beauties such as the Calcehtok and Oxkintok Caves, and cultural sites such as the Ruins of Uxmal and the town of Becal. An enormous door, meters and meters high, gives access to this wonderful hacienda which has 11 comfortable guest rooms and suites. Hammocks and wicker chairs, a private terrace and a garden make this place a perfect spot to live an unforgettable experience. Its aloe field is home to a Mayan style little house where one can enjoy enchanting moments outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Odigeo so you can book your Hacienda Santa Rosa, A Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Santa Rosa Merida
- Hacienda Santa Rosa Hotel Merida