“Still serving very good food”
Review of Yuva

Yuva
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Debden
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: New Menu Available
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

It's a year since our last visit, and it wasn't so manic this time.

The service was efficient and attentive. The menu still combines Tandoori, "traditional" Indian & Nepalese items, and the flavours & spicing were spot on.

The venue still has it.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We came here as a table of 9 for my friends birthday. I was worried that the service was going to be slow after reading the other reviews but to be honest I think they were pretty quick.

We started with papadoms which were Ok. The sides which came with the papadoms were a little disappointing. There wasn't any lime pickle and to be honest, I can't remember what was there. Obviously not very inspiring.

The mains were good but where we had ordered just 2 mushroom rices, 3 mushroom rices and a special rice came out. I hope this was just a simple mistake and not a ploy to bump the bill up hoping because it was a big table that no one would notice.

I thought the bill at the end was a tad pricey and I'm not convinced that it was correct. It came to £21 each. Only 2 people were drinking alcohol, the majority of people were drinking water. No one had starters or desserts and we only had a couple of sides with the mains. Considering that in Thaxted not that long ago we had starters, mains, desserts and multiple alcoholic drinks for £24 each highlighting that either this place is very pricey, or the bill was wrong. Either way I doubt I'll be returning.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was my forth and probably last visit.
I lived in Debden when it opened a few years ago amongst all the flag waving and bells and whistles. It promised much.
On my return last week the food was still good value, different and tasty. The atmosphere is what you would expect from a 400 year old pub, but, the level of service is still poor. The staff seemed disinterested and whilst attempting to be caring and attentive seem to somehow miss the spot.
The service was acceptable but on the slow side. For the third time I did not receive the bill fold back with my change, they must have assumed that I was a big tipper, the service certainty did not justify 15% which the balance of the change.
The presentation of the obligatory giant brandy glass full of "quality street" was treated by the staff as the pinnacle of the evening.
Saying all that I will go back one hoping that the owners may have got the drift that eating out nowadays is all about service, as in any "retail" business.
I noticed with interest the disclaimer at the head of Yuva's page about service, maybe the owner could think on this.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Always enjoy eating at the Yuva,the food is delicious,but that particular evening I was disappointed.I brought friends who had never been and I had been raving about the food which was good,but we waited 1 hour for our starter and another hour for the next course,not good enough.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Yuva in Debden for a valentines day meal. The staff were welcoming and the restaurant itself had a good ambience and was well presented. They had even added some subtle decorations for valentines day.

The menu was varied and included the old indian favourites as well as some more unusual dishes including a Nepalese section. I was determined to have something I hadn't had before and was not disappointed by the Nepalese duck main course that I chose. All the dishes were delicious and the meat in particular was perfectly cooked.

I will definitely be recommending this restaurant to my friends and returning soon.