“Golden Wedding Celebrations”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enviable reputation in a great location with all the food being prepared and cooked on the premises by our award winning chef Philip Todd. Home-made dishes cooked to order and nothing is too much trouble.
Reviewed 29 August 2018

We live locally and have dined at the White Hart many times. When looking for a venue to celebrate our Golden wedding anniversary we could not have selected anywhere better. Leigh led us through the options and Phil produced a magnificent lunch buffet.
We opted for a marquee to accommodate our guest list, which proved perfect on the worst weather of the summer as it rained all day !! None of which fazed Leigh, Phil and their excellent staff. Cannot recommend them highly enough, if looking for a night out or a venue for that special occasion ,look no further. Excellent, five stars !!

Reviewed 26 August 2018

One of our favourite places for lunch. This month our confidence was again rewarded with a warm welcome, good food and good service.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I visited the White Hart Wimbish yesterday for lunch for the first time after cancelling a booking with another restaurant because of rudeness from a member of staff. I was not disappointed - we were made very welcome and attended to straight away even though the place was full and they were extremely busy. Although we had to wait a while for our starter ( it didnt matter because the atmosphere was lovely and as I said they were very busy ) the food was EXCELLENT as was the house wine . I can thoroughly recommend this place and the experience put my faith back in the restaurant industry.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Ok working away from home is hard enough, being away from family & home comforts.

For the last 3 months I have been working in Saffron Walden.
So my evening meals have been interesting to say the least.

The White Hart is an incredible place to eat, drink & relax!

Having just completing a 10 hour day, I was hungry, thirsty and really looking for a decent meal.

On walking in I noticed the decor.... obviously as an award winning painter & decorator Its what all decorators do!
The place is charming, music was chilled and easy to listen too.

As I am driving i ordered a Peroni Shandy.......
And because of the hour glass style Peroni glass it took a little while but was worth the wait as it slid down easy!

I was welcomed and included in the bar chat and banter.
A wonderful couple sat at the bar, made me feel welcome as did the owner.

I ordered calamari for starter

Home made lasagna, chips & salad for main

Oh my gosh!!
Food was served really quickly as

Hand on heart (fork)

The calamari I rate as “The best I’ve ever had”!
In Essex.

This was special as it had a tiny hint of heat.

Really tasty, and the dip was incredible too.

Now the Home made lasagna made my mouth water just looking and smelling it.

And it certainly didn’t disappoint... full of meat, and crispy cheese on the top.

Now I don’t do salads!
But this was a salad made to impress ....... the empty plate testament to how lovely it was.

My only grip!!!! Is not venturing into The White Hart before as it now on my list of must eat places......
I’ve already booked a table for Thursday!
Well done guys
A great place to eat, chat & drink 5* plus!

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Visited the White Hart last night for their themed Greek evening, what a wonderful evening was had by all.
Tables were arranged outside to dine Al Fresco and created a warm and welcoming ambiance, the management and staff were welcoming and took the trouble to ensure that our needs were catered for. Food as always was superb, one of us had the lamb Kleftiko and the other had beef Stifado, both meals were superb and could not be bettered. The recommended Greek red wine was an excellent complement to the meals.
This is fast becoming our favourite restaurant and we will return at every opportunity.