“Lovely Inn, great value. Nice and clean.Worth a visit.”
Review of The White Hart Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foulden
The White Hart Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Foulden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very good food, nice people, fairly quite. Great location for travelling around Norfolk. Well worth a visit. Evening meals are good, we took a dog and our daughter all made more than welcome. We will visit again this lovely inn and rural location is great to get away from it all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary M

Reviewed 21 September 2013

On arrival we were greeted by the landlady Joan who seemed pleasant. We were shown to our room number 1. The entrance to the room could be dangerous to people with disabilities due to uneven paving slabs.

The French doors leading to the room were very draughty also the wardrobe door would not close due to some stress on the hinges and the bathroom sink was loose from the wall.

We noticed cobwebs in the lampshades on the two bedside tables. The mattresses were very uncomfortable. The neighbouring plumbing was very noisy.
Breakfast was ok except for the wet cereal bowls, the teapot being very grubby and the tea cups needed a wipe as they were not very clean.

Room Tip: Mind you don't trip over the loose and uneven paving stones.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Where do I begin?
Bathroom. .too big could easily have fitted a bath. Felt cold. Decor needs updating. Toilet seat needs replacing .shower step too high. No shower mat. Mirror above sink too high up..cobwebs.
Sleeping/living area...bed too hard but then realised why it was held up in the middle with a large nlock to stop you faling through. Tv wouldn't work..kettle on table near window yet no socket near to plug in had to move it over near tv!. Furniture did not match..wardrobe would not close correctly. .room felt cold and best of all every time you put light on in bathroom a loud noise appears as does for shower. Really need cavaty wall insulation. Walls paper thin. Could hesr everything and I mean everything from both neighbours. ..come on guys I no its hsrd st the moment with pub trade but you really need to speculate to accumulate! Couple who ran it seemed nice enough but the lady seemed so sad as if she had lost all interest. .breakfast was ok but could do with a little more variety

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed at the White Hart Inn on a saturday evening with the wife and 16 year old daughter whilst in Norfolk on a leisure trip. I booked the hotel for its location based on where we intended to visit and the fact it was in a quiet location.

I could not have asked for a more peaceful location. The 'village' of Foulden is simply a few homes and this pub. There seemed to be know other 'shops' and the place was surrounded by wheat fields. The owners were very friendly and whilst I'd agree that the rooms are not the most modern, they were to all intents and purposes comfortable, acceptable and nicely placed at the end of the large drive building that is the inn. The place is a paradise for any traveller that is happy to sit on their porch and read or other such quite activity whilst perhaps supping a pint or two. Furthermore, when the wife and daughter went to bed, I went into the pub and was instantly invited by the locals (regulars) to join their company. It was a great evening that went into the late hours indulging in general chit-chat.

The next morning's breakfast was hearty and well prepared. Certainly worth the price I paid for the stay and the owners were so very friendly. In fact, I enjoyed it so much, I have already booked another Saturday stay this coming August !!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VHughes5
Reviewed 17 April 2013

A delight that this village local has been brought to life. On a visit to mid-norfolk, we went for a drink after arriving nearby and back for Sunday lunch. The welcome was great, the fire was warming, and the lunch was good pub grub. Lovely lamb and nice potatoes and vegetables. Good desserts. Nothing fancy, but nice food. And well-kept beer.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CambridgeTomJ
Reviewed 21 March 2013

new people nice and lovley good brethest good nignt sleep!!! love this pub the best pub is the world nice nice pub i recament to go to htis pub!! gogoogogogogogogoogogoogogo ot this pub nice new peple

Room Tip: good sleep
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank racheldavey431
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Did a random booking for a night away from home and chose this pub because it said it was quiet, peaceful, offering home cooked food and a general impression of tranquility in the country. The website stated there was no pool table or noisy games and this really appealed to me as I wanted somewhere to just chill out and relax.

We turned up to find not only a pool table, but rock music playing quite loudly and the landlady's young grandchildren running around the pub shouting and screaming. This continued until quite late into the evening and completely ruined the peaceful evening I had been hoping for.

We went to our room after a couple of drinks in the bar and it was freezing cold. We were given a plug in electric heater which eventually took the chill off, but as I had booked the room in advance, I would have expected the heating to be put on earlier in the day so the room was warmed and ready for us. The wifi access point was not working, probably because it wasn't actually connected to the broadband and that was really irritating, as we had hoped for a home away from home where we could enjoy our usual internet browsing while watching tv. We had to take our laptops into the bar (where the children were running around screaming and shouting) and this really wasn't how we had planned our evening. I appreciate that the place is a local pub, but I didn't feel that as guests, our needs were really considered.

I had checked out the menu on the website and noticed a board in the pub with extra meals on that I assumed were the daily specials. No. That was the menu, and even that wasn't all available. I was drinking dry white wine, and after two bottles they had run out. My husband had lager and they only had that bottled, not on tap. While I appreciate it is a local pub in a rural village, I didn't think this was good enough.

Breakfast was fine and plentiful, but I felt very uncomfortable ordering it as the landlady's grandchildren were still there and they stood silently next to her in the breakfast room staring at me while we ordered our food. They were also roped into bringing our toast and coffee etc. Not what you want when you've booked a break away from your own kids!

They were very friendly people and I'm sure for many people it would be a great short break, or night out, but sadly, not for us.

And the website is very out of date and misleading.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to The White Hart Inn? Share your experiences!